SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#228349 - 02/29/08 07:53 PM yamaha pa amp for keyboards?
Bt Offline

Loc: hampton, nj usa
thinking of getting my money back from the roland and buying a yamaha stage pass for my keyboards. Any comments.?

#228350 - 02/29/08 09:47 PM Re: yamaha pa amp for keyboards?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Both George Kaye and I have given our opinions several times. If you use the search function at the top of the page, you can easily find them.
These were in reference to the smaller PAS, not the new big one.
DonM

#228351 - 03/01/08 06:22 AM Re: yamaha pa amp for keyboards?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bt:
thinking of getting my money back from the roland and buying a yamaha stage pass for my keyboards. Any comments.?

I would take your gear into the store & play through a few systems at different Volume levels & EQ scenarios & seriously A/B them before making a decision.

#228352 - 03/01/08 07:40 AM Re: yamaha pa amp for keyboards?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
The Stage Passes are very good, so are many of the powered speakers. As mentioned in your other post, try out as many types of amplification as you can. Much depends on the size of the audience, yotheur needs, the venue and your pocketbook. Don't rule out anything until you try it.

#228353 - 03/01/08 10:29 AM Re: yamaha pa amp for keyboards?
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I have owned the PAS300 for 2 years and have been delighted.

It's not for the smaller rooms, for that I use the Roland CM30s which actually sound better in smaller rooms (imho).

But I've used it in some large venues, inc a 500 seat ballroom and a 300 seat church and it has filled the room with quality sound. I like the amp fitted at the back of one of the speakers, each speaker is very reasonable weight but strongly built. Clear vocals where you can understand every word are a priority for me and these speakers produce that (as long as the singers don't swallow their words of course! :-)). I've had 4 mics connected into the mixer and still the sound is good and clear.

I like the fact that I can fit it onto a mic stand and keep it at the side of my keyboard and adjust the mix as I go. The mixer controls are easy to use and though I would like more effects the reverb is adjustable and provides a richer sound for the singers.

Works for me!

Graham

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online