SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#227829 - 02/25/08 12:47 PM Re: G70 for Tyros 2 - Fair price ?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony
They are 2 different kinds of boards
Sounds:
The Yamaha has the more realistic voices, but is stifled by its sound system, which gives a rounded closed in CD type of sound, whereas the G70 voices while not as accurate, have a much more live sound, which depending on what you are looking for may sound more like Real instruments, then the more accurate Yamaha. (Make sure you compare the 2 before deciding to change)
Styles:
The Yamaha gives you everything including the kitchen sink, whereas the G70 allows you to choose your own kitchen, and so again it is down to which you personally prefer. (Again make sure you compare the 2 before deciding to change)
Key Feel
The Yamaha is much lighter then the G70 and so does not suit everybody, and of course vice-versa. (Not forgetting 76 & 61 notes)
Consider the above carefully before deciding to change
Hope this helps

Bill

#227830 - 02/25/08 01:28 PM Re: G70 for Tyros 2 - Fair price ?
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
Thanks Abacus for your input - having everything including the kitchen sink is more me , ... a lot of the appeal too is the wider choice of styles and IDC , the G70 has served me well (it's the only keyboard i actually kept for more than a year - over 3 now!)

However ... I thought the dealer was offering me an exchange for £600 , but having chatted he was offering £600 for my keyboard leaving £1800 for a new tyros

(Although i prefer the specs of the Tyros 2 , the Roland is in the same league and not worth that kind of money - so i'll just be patient and wait for the Tyros 3 or G80)

The p/x deals seem to be v. poor these days!

Cheers

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 02-26-2008).]

#227831 - 02/26/08 06:53 PM Re: G70 for Tyros 2 - Fair price ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by tony harbour:

The p/x deals seem to be v. poor these days!

I'm not up on all internet acronyms...what does that mean??????????? p/x ..... v. ???

#227832 - 02/26/08 09:16 PM Re: G70 for Tyros 2 - Fair price ?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, Partial exchange--we call it trade-in in the States.
V poor, equals very poor. The same as in the states!
DonM

#227833 - 02/27/08 03:13 AM Re: G70 for Tyros 2 - Fair price ?
tony harbour Offline

correct Don - (we over here are getting bad at using "queens english" but i find myself using US spellings too colum=column colours=colors)

#227834 - 02/27/08 04:55 AM Re: G70 for Tyros 2 - Fair price ?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony harbour:
correct Don - (we over here are getting bad at using "queens english" but i find myself using US spellings too colum=column colours=colors)

(harbour=habor)

chas

#227835 - 02/27/08 10:45 AM Re: G70 for Tyros 2 - Fair price ?
tony harbour Offline

Yes that one 2 , have jusdt bought a 25ft USB lead to connect G70 to PC , as inspired now to have ago at using the file manager / convert some styles from midi etc.... all good fun

(Keyboard is downstairs so needed the extenders ... saves carting it around)

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 02-27-2008).]

#227836 - 02/27/08 11:22 AM Re: G70 for Tyros 2 - Fair price ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Tony, if you haven't got it already, get the Session Manager software from the Roland-arranger.com site.

It blows Roland's Database Manager software out of the water, and adds radical new features to your G70, like Custom Tone storage, and batch copy of UPG parameters and OTS settings to other registrations.

It is a must have (unless you are on a Mac )

#227837 - 02/27/08 11:52 AM Re: G70 for Tyros 2 - Fair price ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Oh, and chas... I may have only been over here for 27 years, but I always thought it was 'harbor' over here

I can't tell you how annoying it is for my spell-checker to constantly correct my 'correct' English, and keep telling me I should go to the theater, and not the 'theatre' in the 'centre' of our 'colourful' town, to 'practise' the 'defence' of my 'modelling' career

I know, I could set it to UK English, but then all my American brothers would keep going "Look at the dumb-ass... can't even spell 'ass''

Arses....

#227838 - 02/27/08 02:19 PM Re: G70 for Tyros 2 - Fair price ?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Oh, and chas... I may have only been over here for 27 years, but I always thought it was 'harbor' over here

It is. Have you been hitting the sauce again. I think something slipped by you. Anyway, Tony got it. And stop reading my posts when you've got a hangover .

chas

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online