SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#227552 - 02/24/08 11:08 AM Re: Zuki what happened to the SD5?
Dnj Offline

Zuki......I have many times made substandard sounding KB's workable in the past .....yes some take many more man hours to accomplish but not impossible to reach my goals.......some I knew after a few days of very vigorous tweaking that it wouldn't work out but I always give it a few days of in tenseness....there is a threshold that once it its is superseded I have no alternative but to relinquish the product & move on. But there is one thing I always do .....& that is to Gig the unit a few time to at least Always RECOOP my cash outlay so that if I lose a few bucks off my buying price when I resell it I certainly have it made in gigging fees first so my INVESTMENT always is never a loss

Good Luck.

#227553 - 02/24/08 02:30 PM Re: Zuki what happened to the SD5?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
I spent nearly 2 years on & off trying to find a way to edit the SD1+ styles.
I knew when I bought it that it didn't have note event list editing, but stupidly I went ahead anyway. My big plan was to convert the styles I was lacking with EMC, & use the note event editor in EMC's plus package to fix any wrong notes in the conversion. Naturally that didn't work out.
Everytime I loaded a style back & forth, EMC would delete the the expression controller on the first event, therefore any tracks that used multiple expression controllers could have large jumps in volume.
Next option was to record the style tracks via a pc sequencer across to the SD1. Haven't had to use this method since my Roland G800 well over 10 years ago.
That sort of got wearisome having to record each style part including minor & 7th tracks where neccesary across in realtime. Even midiing the sd1 to a PC is far from intuitive & I've had all my keyboards midied to a computer going right back to my Technics kn800/Atari combination 20 years ago.
There is no way that an EMC conversion doesn't require more than just changing a sound or altering the panning whatever, if the notes ( usually minor intro's & endings ) haven't converted correctly, they require fixing either thru note editing or rerecording.

For those expert enough to record from scratch, then fine, or for those who are more than happy with the onboard styles then brilliant, one can come up with some new styles by using the style copy function, only problem is with the Ketron method, both tracks from the styles have to be the same length, leaves it a bit limited, (in both korg & yamaha, the tracks don't have to be the same length.)

I think I tried long enough to try & make it work to suit my needs,
I'm ever so thankfull you introduced me to the Korg PA800 thru your posts. I'm now happy to use the Ketron as is, & do all my style creation/editing for the korg.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Hi Rikki....
I've also owned many Ketron units X1,XD9,Midjay,Sd1+...........love/hate relationship keeps revolving with me also.
If you put the time in, do your homework, learn the OS, you will be rewarded with great styles, sounds, & they have some very unique useful arranger features...user tolerance is an individual thing.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#227554 - 02/24/08 03:01 PM Re: Zuki what happened to the SD5?
Dnj Offline

Rikki Im glad the Korg is working out for you it is a very powerful arranger that can definitly be adjusted to any players style if you take the time to investigate.....I honestly miss many of it's attributes which are so missing on the S900....but weird as it may seem I learn something on every KB and carry it with me down the road.....its always been more of a personal satisfaction then anything else....making a living gigging with these things is second nature to me after 40+ years....but creating a permanent comfort zone with "your gear" is a little trickier but not impossible...
I will conquer it soon...
I can feel it.

#227555 - 02/24/08 05:03 PM Re: Zuki what happened to the SD5?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
But there is one thing I always do .....& that is to Gig the unit a few time to at least Always RECOOP my cash outlay so that if I lose a few bucks off my buying price when I resell it I certainly have it made in gigging fees first so my INVESTMENT always is never a loss

Good Luck.

If I do what you suggest and use this live, I wouldn't get rebooked. It'd be more a detrement, than a cash/loss recovery. The faster this is gone, the better.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#227556 - 02/24/08 05:41 PM Re: Zuki what happened to the SD5?
Dnj Offline

Zuki........lets face it keep the S900 and make money.....stop wasting time & money.
try to dump the SD5 & move on....your comfort zone is Yamaha.

#227557 - 02/24/08 06:16 PM Re: Zuki what happened to the SD5?
zuki Offline

Amen...and let's leave it at that....

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online