SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#226802 - 02/13/08 10:23 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 2: What's needed to bring it up to par
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Uh oh, I disagree (somewhat) with everyone!

Fact 1: As someone who uses both, Yamaha T2s SA sounds are indisputabley better than anything else out there. I don't think this is a "subjective" issue. Anyone who has tried both will, no doubt, agree.

Fact 2: Overall, when listening to the Korg, it has more clarity and punch than the Yamaha.

Some people seem to think these facts somehow contradict each other. They do not. The Yamaha is better in many ways, and the Korg is better in many ways.

Which brings me back to my opening post. Yamaha, give us some amazing bass and drum samples so that the overall Yamaha sound is as good as, or better than, the Korg.

Thank you!

(PS: My appologies, I agree that "par" was a poor choice of words ... but I think that everyone understood what I meant.)

#226803 - 02/14/08 12:53 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 2: What's needed to bring it up to par
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
After a couple margarettas I decided to read this post all the way through to the end--I wasted two good drinks and 10 minutes of time. The topic should have said "How to create another pissin' contest!" Fortunately, I read DomM's post, which was much more informative and unbiased.

Gary

Since when have peoples opinion of which board they prefer been a p****** contest, if they were running the boards down yes, but there is not one post that does that, (Least not that I can see) if you read again you will find both boards are held in high regard by all the posters.
Confused

Bill

#226804 - 02/14/08 03:15 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 2: What's needed to bring it up to par
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Bill... Wow! You must be hanging with some amazing players! Shame none of them post, anywhere!

Because I have yet to hear a user demo of even the T2 SA sax that matches the demo, yet alone exceeds it...

The manufacturers ought to hire these guys if they are THAT good... laugh

Actually Diki I was referring to like with like.
E.g., if you listen to an online demo of Peter Baartmans and then go to a club or dealers meeting, where he plays the same song and instrument live, you will find that the online demo is not as good as the live sound. (You will find this applies to all online demos)

Bill

#226805 - 02/14/08 04:39 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 2: What's needed to bring it up to par
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Bill,

When comparing Sax sounds in each the Korg and the Yamaha, have you actually spent some quality time with each keyboard? There are members here in this discussion who own either/and/or both keyboards and they are giving you their opinion, but you are basing yours on a presentation at a keyboard festival.

Maybe you should sit down for an hour on each keyboard and re-examine those sax samples and see if your opinion changes or stays the same?

Regards,
Al

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#226806 - 02/14/08 11:53 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 2: What's needed to bring it up to par
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
"Since when have peoples opinion of which board they prefer been a p****** contest, if they were running the boards down yes, but there is not one post that does that, (Least not that I can see) if you read again you will find both boards are held in high regard by all the posters.
Confused"

I agree Abacus. I thought it was very cordial and respectful discussion

#226807 - 02/14/08 12:29 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 2: What's needed to bring it up to par
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I've had the Tyros2, Pa800 and now the PA2xPro. IMHO the SA voices have an edge over the Korg. Please don't misinterpret I think the Korg saxes are terrific.

I played my first gig today with the Pa2xPro. It's a Valentine luncheon that goes as far as crowning a King and a Queen.( King and Queen of hearts This is my 3rd time playing this retirement community Valentine luncheon . Seems as though the audience enjoyed my playing more than the past 2 years. The AD while I was playing my last songs said make sure you reserve the date for 2009. As I walking out the door she followed to ask did you book us on your calendar. Is it the PA2xpro?? hmmm, don't know for sure but it sure felt great to play 76 keys with a pro level action. And I always love the wide eyes the audience gets hearing the trumpets, especially the Wah Trumpet.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 02-14-2008).]

#226808 - 02/14/08 02:14 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 2: What's needed to bring it up to par
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Steve,

I suspect it was the performance of the player that triggered the AD's response about book for next year--not the keyboard. Give them a great performance and you'll have more days booked than you want, and that was likely what you did.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#226809 - 02/14/08 02:32 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 2: What's needed to bring it up to par
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Steve,

I suspect it was the performance of the player that triggered the AD's response about book for next year--not the keyboard. Give them a great performance and you'll have more days booked than you want, and that was likely what you did.

Cheers,

Gary

Must agree. The fact is, that a good performer is more important than a good keyboard. Musicians get paid scale; the sky's the limit for a performer though.

#226810 - 02/14/08 03:53 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 2: What's needed to bring it up to par
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Steve,

Cheers,

Gary

Gary and Chony, I've been working hard and listening to what you more experienced folks have been suggesting since coming to this forum. Nice to know that it's paying off, thank you gents.

#226811 - 02/14/08 05:12 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 2: What's needed to bring it up to par
zuki Offline

Steve,

I think it was your new singing voice

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online