SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#226522 - 02/09/08 06:53 AM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Ohhh Chas...... You just couldnt walk away from that huh ?:-)

#226523 - 02/09/08 10:47 AM Re: Roland G-90 Arranger
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Bill. I didn't know that about Blackpool. It's not something they do in the States, anyway, or any of the main trade shows (Blackpool is an arranger and organ gathering, isn't it?)... But the E80, as closely related as it was to the already released G70, was not exactly breaking new ground, as everyone anticipates the next G-series will (I have my doubts).

Chas... nice one My main hope right now is that the HAVE delayed the next G-series, so that it can be beta-tested a little more carefully than the original G70. Mind you, I bought mine in the bad old days, and all the tools were in place to revoice it yourself quite simply. It never had a problem you couldn't get around, and always (from day 1) sounded more 'live' and realistic than anything else at the time, and IMO, still has yet to be surpassed at it's strengths. For the kind of player I am, it is close to the perfect arranger (I said CLOSE ), and, in all fairness, there isn't much I want on a new G-series other than my Chord Sequencer, so if the new one (if and when it finally DOES appear) fails to add this, I may stick with my G70 for the foreseeable future.

Yamaha seem determined to not offer a quality build 76, Korg's two fill system leaves me cold, and everyone seems determined to add DAW and karaoke features rather than build a better arranger. There's nothing out right now that would remotely tempt me away from my G70. So I'm not exactly dismayed by this rumor-mongering.

Take your time Roland... I can wait another four or five years! Just GET IT RIGHT!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online