SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#226229 - 02/06/08 07:29 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Donny, why wait. The chance of you getting at least one or two other boards while waiting for ??? is so great anyway. Get the G70 - you probably already have it - and then decide whenever the ??? comes out.

#226230 - 02/06/08 07:32 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

This unit might be the answer for me regarding Vocal Harmony?

http://www.tc-helicon.com/Default.asp?Id=13202

http://www.tc-helicon.com/VoiceToneHarmonyM.asp

http://www.tc-helicon.com/

Heres some Vocal Harmony Demos

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-06-2008).]

#226231 - 02/06/08 07:34 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Cassp is right, Donny...you need a good vocal harmonizer...the G70 has it...and you'll have those 76 keys and that cool piano sound for all your solo piano stuff.

Get it, baby!

Ian

#226232 - 02/06/08 07:40 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

No Ian.....S900 with this Yeah
http://www.tc-helicon.com/Default.asp?Id=13202

only $299.00
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VTHarmonyM/

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-06-2008).]

#226233 - 02/06/08 07:51 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yeah, that's cool...and it has a foot-switch as well.

I'll pass this on to some of my clients.

Now you won't need Fran's roadies.

Ian

#226234 - 02/06/08 10:21 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
And, you won't need to borrow his fork lift!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#226235 - 02/06/08 10:24 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Donny, you cracked me up with the KAZOO reference to the Yammy VH. I know the feeling; sometimes when I'm singing a ballad, the VH makes me go into a YODEL!!!

Yikes...what a piece of crap.

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#226236 - 02/06/08 11:07 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

....certain things reflect our decisions to buy,keep,love/hate, our gear.....some love it, some hate it & some dont know the difference, some sing, some dont sing, some play only at home & some play professionally to make a living......nobody is right or wrong, some have strong convictions, but when the smoke clears its ONLY YOU who have to buy it, play it, & be happy with you choice.

So when did these "new" truths reveal themselves to you? I'm not picking on you, Donny, but if they were giving out a hypocrite-of-the-year award, you'd be the hands down winner.

Is it possible that it's your ACT that you're dissatisfied with? I mean, in a really good show, how much does the effect of one keyboard have? Maybe you should check out the REAL reason you seem so constantly dissatisfied. A new keyboard won't freshen up your act if you're using it in the same old way to do the same old thing. Fresh ideas and a more polished performance will have a much bigger effect.

BTW, this is not aimed at you (or at least not JUST at you). These are my thoughts about anyone who looks at the tool and not the craftsman for a performance breakthrough. On the other hand, scratch all of the above if you just happen to be a gear junky (like me) .

chas

#226237 - 02/06/08 12:16 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Donny, you cracked me up with the KAZOO reference to the Yammy VH. I know the feeling; sometimes when I'm singing a ballad, the VH makes me go into a YODEL!!!

Yikes...what a piece of crap.

hey you gotta say the truth.......its purely a Gimmick at best.....wax paper wrapped around a plastic comb sounds better
how can the make a great sounding KB and include a kazoo....they should of left it out and taken that money and put the Tyros key-bed on the S900 instead.....after all we're paying for that Kazoo also right...
I'd love to be in the pre design room meetings with these genius's....

#226238 - 02/06/08 04:21 PM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
(Cue the Rolling Stones' "(I can't get no) Satisfaction)

"I can't get no satisfaction,

I can't get no satisfaction.

'cause I try and I try and I try and I try.

I can't get no, I can't get no.

When I'm drivin' in my car

And that man comes on the radio

And he's tellin' me more and more

About some useless information

Supposed to fire my imagination.

I can't get no, oh no no no.

Hey hey hey, that's what I say."

In all probability, Donny, if the G70 didn't hold your interest before, it isn't going to hold it for very long this time... The exact same reasons you dropped it before are still valid.

It isn't any lighter
It isn't voiced much better (a bit, but it is STILL mostly down to the user)
The sounds are the same
The styles are (basically) the same
The OS is still flawed (but improved since you had one)
It isn't any lighter....

chas's advice (though blunt!) is perhaps en point... Maybe, instead of changing your equipment, you could try changing your repertoire. Wholesale. Do the same thing you do with your arrangers. Toss it ALL out, and start from scratch. It will at least be a less expensive way of gaining variety in your act. Maybe not the genre (can't see you doing Timberlake covers, anyway!), but maybe you AND your audience might appreciate a change from the same old, same old (but on a different arranger).

Toss all the mp3's, too. That's GOT to be depressing... you buy a brand new arranger, and the act still sounds the same. In fact, why not toss the OMB thing altogether, for a while..? Your chops and vocal skills should find you a live band gig with little difficulty, and the fact that you are willing to drop sizable chunks of money just to TRY a new arranger for a few months shows that the money isn't all THAT important.

Me, if I am bored and restless, usually, a few gigs with some players that challenge me, or a studio project that forces me to be original is all it takes to re-charge my batteries. And I actually MAKE money on it, rather than lose it...

No, PLEASE don't get another G70, Donny. It will be uncomfortable for me to have to correct your inevitable gushing, glowing review with the sad fact that, just like everything else you have gone through in the last couple of years, the G70 isn't perfect, either...

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online