SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#226219 - 02/06/08 06:17 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
VH on T2 and S900 doesn't matter to me as I do all instrumentals, but it surely is pretty bad, I agree.

Good luck in your search.Ian

Ian individual needs is the main reason why we have all thses silly arguments....Playing an arranger KB is a Super personal thing isolated to the Individual PLAYERS NEEDS.....being we are ALL different in our talents, needs, and musical tastes & technics....manufacturer can only generalize the features included and hope for the best in sales changing designs as the new units are offered though the years...one day someone might get it right so far its close but NO CIGAR

#226220 - 02/06/08 06:22 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You're right Donny...I do hope, however that the Tyros3 has a new Vocal Harmonizer...and that it filters down to the next S-series.

Ian the Hopeful

#226221 - 02/06/08 06:26 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Why not enjoy the best of both worlds by utilizing an external vocal processor? That's what I've been doing for years. And, some of the new vocal processors are very small and sound fantastic. Something to think about.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#226222 - 02/06/08 06:37 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
ianmcnll Offline

Gary,

What do you use/recommend for an external vocal harmonizer?

Ian

#226223 - 02/06/08 06:44 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

Gary as you well know I have used a Digitech VR Module & Tc helicon Units many times.... & yes there is no comparison...but why shouldnt they include in their keyboards a quality ALL IN ONE like Rolands G70, Korg PA800 in Yamaha units as well instead of having to carry another piece of gear on a daily basis.....Im glad we're finaly all in agreement on something.......

#226224 - 02/06/08 06:45 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
This may be a little OT, but it came to me reading this thread - Yamaha should put their TOTL and MOTL boards and put them into a module. Blindfolded, they sound great, but the tactile interface leaves much to be desired. I can'r begin to compare the Yammie arranger keybeds with any of the Rolands - and I've had E09, E60 and G70.

In fact, I think there should be more arranger modules. With all the keyboard controllers out there, it would be pretty simple to match up a 25-88 note keyboard that suits your needs.

Of course, I've had and trashed a couple modules. But maybe I'd give it another try if the features and my head were in the right place.

#226225 - 02/06/08 06:53 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

Modules are really more hindrance to live playing versus an all in one arranger....more wires, midi,multiple steps to navigate, additional gear to carry in live playing on stage....& when you think about it is it really necessary?

#226226 - 02/06/08 06:55 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ian,

I use the Digitech VR, which unfortunately is no longer in production. Mine is a rack-mount model which is permanently mounted in my custom console, which also serves as the laptop platform and contains all of my power supplies, phantom power pack, surge protector, and it's also a lighted sign that lights the keyboard too. So, at least in my case, I'm not carrying anything additional.

Donny,

I agree that a better vocal processor and LCD display would make the S900 an outstanding keyboard, but unfortunately, as many times as these subjects have come up Yamaha never seems to read the posted comments. Consequently, we often must use workarounds to accomplish our performance goals. Eventually, some manufacturer will come up with a lightweight keyboard that has all the quality and features the majority of OMB performers are asking for. Until then, we're pretty much stuck with what we have, and of course, the workaround modifications that make us sound better.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#226227 - 02/06/08 07:09 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Ian,

I use the Digitech VR, which unfortunately is no longer in production. Mine is a rack-mount model which is permanently mounted in my custom console, which also serves as the laptop platform and contains all of my power supplies, phantom power pack, surge protector, and it's also a lighted sign that lights the keyboard too. So, at least in my case, I'm not carrying anything additional.

Gary,

I assume the VR is Midi'd to your PSR-3000.

How many parts harmony?

Is there a new model you can recommend?

Ian

#226228 - 02/06/08 07:12 AM Re: Should I go back to a G70?.........
Dnj Offline

Gary....

I agree...workarounds......workarounds....
thats how we roll baby! So getting back on topic I can deduce from all said so far get another G70 that has every I need but is Heavy & bigger OR Mix & match with a sprinkle of Workarounds....
or just WAIT
Wow this gets harder & harder..........

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online