SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#226004 - 02/02/08 06:33 PM Anybody else get the Tyros 2 upgrade Survey?
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
I was curious about rather any other members received the survey about voice and style upgrades for the Tyros 2?

The survey asked myriad questions as to what I would prefer and what I would pay and how I would like the upgrade to be applied.

Anyway, I thought that I would ask.

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#226005 - 02/02/08 08:20 PM Re: Anybody else get the Tyros 2 upgrade Survey?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI DENNIS,
I got it and thought I might be offered at the end some kind of a deal on something but only a vague thank you for taking up half an hour of my very valuable time
Bebop

#226006 - 02/02/08 09:10 PM Re: Anybody else get the Tyros 2 upgrade Survey?
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Guys - I got the survey too....haven't read it yet...it came in an email today I think...I'll check it out... I have a few suggestions for Yamaha...

Hope all is well w/y'all.... I'm going to try to hook up a WX5 wind controller to my T2 and see if I can play that SA Sax with my controller...

Have a great weekend!
Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#226007 - 02/03/08 07:53 PM Re: Anybody else get the Tyros 2 upgrade Survey?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Could you please post the survey or their email address? I have a whole list of specific ideas I'd like to tell Yamaha. I'm seriously considering the move to Korg after being a Yamaha fan for fifteen years (still am a fan), but there are certain basic things which need attention. Yamaha has so many things which set it apart from the rest, if they would only improve on some basics, they would have no competition.

Chony

#226008 - 02/03/08 07:58 PM Re: Anybody else get the Tyros 2 upgrade Survey?
Dnj Offline

Chony ....can you list a few of those ideas here please?

#226009 - 02/03/08 09:23 PM Re: Anybody else get the Tyros 2 upgrade Survey?
saxxman Offline

Chony - I tried copying the link to the survey and when I went to it to test it out, it popped up a message "You have already taken the survey"...there is a key attached to the URL. I tried deleting the key and then when I went to the link it just said "invalid survey". So Yamaha has sent the survey to certian people. Maybe it's based on something we signed at their internet site or something.

At any rate, the survey was purely interested in whether we would be willing to pay for new sounds and/or styles. After getting some basic "profiling stuff" (age, number of keyboards, and stuff like that), they asked a series of questions. Most focused on whether we'd be willing to pay for new styles, sounds, and/or registrations. Then it asked how much we'd be willing to spend on new styles, sounds, or registrations (once or per year). It asked questions like "would you like them bundled". Seems like they might be thinking about doing a Regi-Stik for the U.S. maybe. That seems like where most of the focus was. They didn't provide any opportunities to comment on "what you want in the next generation keyboard".

Maybe we should put together a thread on "what Yamaha customers WANT in terms of future keyboards" and then send the link to them via the Yamaha web site.

Randy

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#226010 - 02/03/08 09:27 PM Re: Anybody else get the Tyros 2 upgrade Survey?
saxxman Offline

PS - for those interested, the email address from which the survey came is:

EKBSurvey0208@yamaha.com.

So if you send them an email, they will likely send you a link to their survey.

Randy

#226011 - 02/03/08 11:16 PM Re: Anybody else get the Tyros 2 upgrade Survey?
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Some of the other specifics of what they wanted to know was:

What super articulation voices would you like to have added to the Tyros 2.
Would you like to have more Mega Voices added and would you like new styles associated with the new Mega Voices.
They asked what kind of bundles would you be interested in, as well as how much would you be willing to pay for such a bundle.
All very useful questions for someone who might be considering the implementation of a Voice & Style upgrade package.

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#226012 - 02/04/08 05:20 AM Re: Anybody else get the Tyros 2 upgrade Survey?
jwyvern Offline

The survey is not particularly US oriented.
We're getting them in Europe (at least UK) too.

They also wanted to know the household yearly income & how much you'd want to spend regularly on voices/styles.
Obviously evaluating a possible way of generating regular extra revenue beyond just selling the KB's.

You have to fill in all their questions by ticking boxes otherwise it doesn't let you go on. And there's no opportunity for giving your own ideas so you'll have to go a different route for that. I'm not sure even going to the survey link would be effective. It leads to be a survey company on a specific campaign rather than to the listening ears of Yamaha overall, wherever they may be.

John

#226013 - 02/04/08 05:27 AM Re: Anybody else get the Tyros 2 upgrade Survey?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I received and filled out the survey.

It is NOT a survey for the hardware portion of arrangers, but rather a survey seeking the likelihood that I, as a PSR9000/Tyros/Tyros2 user would purchase additional Style / Voice packs. The survey also wanted to know my propensity for purchasing such Style/voice packs and at what price point I would do so.

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online