SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#224862 - 01/20/08 09:07 AM Motif Appegios to Tyros Pads ?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
The Yamaha Motif XS contains a large number of Appegiators. It would be great if we could obtain these riffs to load into Tyros Pads.

Perhaps some owner of a Motif XS could record a few bars of Guitar Appegio's on the Motif XS in Cmaj7 and save as Midi Files. It is easy convert these to load into the Tyros Pads.

#224863 - 01/22/08 06:02 PM Re: Motif Appegios to Tyros Pads ?
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
that's an excellent idea....tho the drum ones might not sound anywhere near as good with the (rather tepid in my opinion) tyros drums.
I hope those arps give a clue about future yamaha arrangers...very creative way to work, and the control over tone and effects(w/ the XS knobs, etc) is just great.

I no longer have a T2 and only briefly worked w/ an XS, but I do wish I'd experimented w/ that...pls let us know if you get it going...

#224864 - 01/26/08 02:29 AM Re: Motif Appegios to Tyros Pads ?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Tom. Thanks for your reply. Yes, it would be nice if someone could provide just a few Guitar Arps from the Motif XS. All Yamaha arranger Styles & Pads are Midi files, but Yamaha appears to changed the file type for the Motif Arps. That's the reason I was asking for a few bars recorded Cmaj7 so I can convert to Tyros Pads.

I use Pads a lot after muting the appropriate Style part for the Pads to replace, you get some interesting results doing this.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online