SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#222867 - 12/16/07 04:38 PM NAMM 2008 - NEW ARRANGER SPECULATION THREAD !
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Guy`s ,

I know this may be a little early , but we might as well start the ball rolling sometime !!

And seeing how I`m : still : looking for a new A/KB , it just can`t be soon enough to start the guessing.

So , will we see a Tyros 3 in 2008 ?

How about other arrangers that have "out of date technology" (i.e. keyboards with floppy drives and no USB device port etc. ).

Expanded Articulation , the Motif XS has it so the next Tyros must incorporate the new sound , right ?

So this is the time to "state you case" !!

What do you want in 2008 !

Take care , and post often , maybe someone in the biz will be reading !!

Gary 

[This message has been edited by jedi (edited 12-16-2007).]

#222868 - 12/17/07 02:24 AM Re: NAMM 2008 - NEW ARRANGER SPECULATION THREAD !
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Tyros 2 is due for replacement next year, but probably not until the autumn (fall) so the pre-release versions probably won’t be shown before Frankfurt.
Ketron has promised the final release of the Audya. (This sounds exciting)
Roland released new organs in September, so there is a good chance of a new arranger being shown at NAMM.
The rest we will have to wait and see. (Most other manufactures have already released new models)

Bill

#222869 - 12/17/07 03:56 PM Re: NAMM 2008 - NEW ARRANGER SPECULATION THREAD !
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Bill ,

Thanks for your info about new KB`s

I downloaded the .pdf about the Audya and I must say it sounds very interesting.
Any idea when we will know more ?

197 poly , is that a misprint , don`t they do multiples of 8 ? that would lead me to believe 192 poly , but hey either way it is more than enough !!

The size is right for a 76 key-bed , looks like it has a good lay-out too. Are you familiar with Ketron quality, is it up there with Roland ?

Anyway it will be just one more keyboard to keep me up nights thinking about !! LOL

You also mention Roland , did you mean a replacement for the E80 might be in the works ? I must admit not having a USB to Device and a floppy drive seems a little out-of-date.

Take care,
Gary 

#222870 - 12/17/07 06:05 PM Re: NAMM 2008 - NEW ARRANGER SPECULATION THREAD !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
That would be unusual if Roland released a new top of the line arranger so soon after the E-80. But I am expecting a new flagship workstation from Roland soon. And quite possibly at winter NAMM 2008 who knows? If so, they're sure being tight lipped about it. Nothing has leaked to the press that I'm aware of and there hasn't been any big price drop on the Fantom X series either. But stranger things have happened and maybe it's so huge of an accomplishment for Roland that a complete surprise will only bolster the worlds astonishment to the magnitude of its magnificence. Besides, it's been four years now since the Fantom X was released, and the competition i.e. Korg's new M3 and Yamaha's Motif X series are nipping (with fangs showing) at Roland's heels and Roland needs to fend them off or they may end up being left behind and having to fend for themselves in an ever increasing competitive market. In other words, you snooze you lose... We shall see.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-17-2007).]

#222871 - 12/17/07 07:46 PM Re: NAMM 2008 - NEW ARRANGER SPECULATION THREAD !
Dnj Offline

Anything arrangers offered at Namm 08 will be at least 6-8 months or more to hit the US market.

#222872 - 12/17/07 09:24 PM Re: NAMM 2008 - NEW ARRANGER SPECULATION THREAD !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Really?? That is not always the case Donny. Remember the Tyros2?? It was announced in October of 2005 and went on sale the next month in November of 2005. Out of the thin blue sky. It wasn't announced at NAMM or at Musikmesse... or at any trade show beforehand at all right?? Yet from the announcement by Yammie to going on sale a month later the Tyros2 defied statistics. I'm not saying that will happen with any of the arranger products announced at winter NAMM 2008 but it theoretically could. You never know. I suppose it depends a lot on how far along in the process of production a company is on a certain product and also on how ready they are in ramping up production at any given moment. And also how confident they are in the product itself as far as being bug free on both the hardware and software side of things. If problems come up then of course production would be delayed but if there are no problems and the quality control aspect is taken care of then there is no reason to think that Korg, Roland, Yamaha, etc., couldn't pull it off and bring a product to market in a very short period of time once it had been announced. >> Like Yamaha did with the Tyros2. Then again if we look at the other side of the spectrum we see just the opposite in the Ketron Audya or another example the Kurzweil PC3X which has recently been further delayed in its release. Although the PC3X is not an arranger but it shouldn't make any difference whether workstation or arranger or digital piano, or whatever. Another fine example of bringing a product swiftly to market was the Yamaha Motif ES series if you recall. So it can be done although it is anyone's guess if any of the new keyboard products announced at winter NAMM by any of the Big Three or any of the other keyboard manufacturers will. Time will tell. Let's hope they do though.

Best,
Mike

#222873 - 12/17/07 09:50 PM Re: NAMM 2008 - NEW ARRANGER SPECULATION THREAD !
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Roland will indeed show a new version of their fantom keyboards. I've been told this by Roland but not any information yet.
Korg will display the new PA2XPRO 76 key replacement for their PA1XPRO. More polyphony, more sampling space and a new sound engine which will rival the M3 series of proffesional work stations.
Korg will also show a new arranger to be placed between the PA50 (not being discontinued as of yet) and the current PA800.
Ketron will show their new SX3000 turkish keyboard which is just starting to ship, along with their upgraded Midjay, also just arriving in the states.
This is the early news I have.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#222874 - 12/18/07 01:43 PM Re: NAMM 2008 - NEW ARRANGER SPECULATION THREAD !
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Although the MotifXS is a good competitor to the FantomX, I must confess being extremely disappointed with the M3. Unless you do trance or techno, very little in the M3's soundset (other than the main piano) was head and shoulders above the Triton series, and certainly (IMO) little compared to the FantomX...

If we see anything new from Roland, it MIGHT be a replacement for the G70, with some of the features from the E80's OS, but until a new soundset hits the streets in a new Fantom (or whatever they'll call it), I don't honestly see anything groundbreaking, just the usual two or three new features and five or six popular OS features being dropped again!

It's getting pretty bad when, instead of salivating over new features, you simply dread which essential arranger features the morons at Roland Arranger R&D are going to drop next... You'd think by now the idiots would try a little Q&A before hacking their OS to pieces again.

Fat chance...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online