SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#222569 - 12/08/07 04:38 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
I understand some people's frustration with the way the FX are used (block) but I hope no-one is complaining about the FX themselves.

They are SO diverse, realistic and above all editable to an AMAZING degree.

I'm still finding new stuff I can do with them!

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#222570 - 12/08/07 05:28 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
miden Offline

Loc: The World
No doubt Hellboy, the Korg efx are up with the best alright.

#222571 - 12/09/07 10:11 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I'd would love to be able "to end" a midi sequence in real time ....

#222572 - 12/09/07 11:21 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
miden Offline

Loc: The World
LOL, you can Dan...just push the stop button

#222573 - 12/09/07 12:10 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Every time... whatever Donny has is perfect, needs no improvement, blah blah blah...

I don't know why this would surprise you, Diki, given all the historical precedents. While the entire board is trying to come up with constructive suggestions for functional and innovative improvements, you've got one guy proclaiming it "perfect". Strange, coming from someone who can't even settle on a keyboard BENCH.

In an age where advancements in technology increase at an exponential rate almost daily, how can any product of technology EVER be considered perfect. We will probably never reach the limits of technology. More likely, what we WILL see is the limit of one's talent or the inability to see beyond one's own immediate environment (or the next day).

Sorry, Diki. No surprise here.

chas

#222574 - 12/09/07 04:40 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No surprises, chas...

It's just that few of us EVER get the opportunity to get suggestions to the powers that be. Seems a pity to waste one...

#222575 - 12/09/07 04:49 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Dnj Offline

Powers that be? what a joke!!.....its all about the money...they couldn't give a crap about the end owner.....they'll bait you along like they have been for years with refurbished updates, so called new features, & on & on.....if you think we'll make a big difference I feel sorry for y'all.....they want you to think that they already know whats coming to market years from now ....its a slow bleeding pattern that will never stop taking the consumer for a ride..enjoy.....Im glad Im in a restrain mode out of respect for Nigel or Id say something to a few that wouldn't be nice during the holidays.

#222576 - 12/09/07 05:31 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
to the genesys Offline

An arranger module based on the PA1X2. But not as big as the Genesys xp.
The ability to connect to a computer and set-up the keyboard for live play, create styles and transfer files.

#222577 - 12/10/07 01:13 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Christian_1 Offline

Hi there frankieve,
Congratulations. Please ask Korg if they are thinking about making their keyboards more accessible to blind and visually impaired musicians. I have tried bothte Korg Pa1X as well as te Korg Pa800, but I was just able to change styles and sounds. We want to do more like you sighted people. Especially for that price its not worth for just being able to change styles and sounds.
There could be a touch screen but also buttons. One thing that me and others have been waiting for is a keyboard with talking menus or simular. What do you think?
Thanks,
Christian

#222578 - 12/10/07 04:02 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian_1:
Hi there frankieve,
Congratulations. Please ask Korg if they are thinking about making their keyboards more accessible to blind and visually impaired musicians. I have tried bothte Korg Pa1X as well as te Korg Pa800, but I was just able to change styles and sounds. We want to do more like you sighted people. Especially for that price its not worth for just being able to change styles and sounds.
There could be a touch screen but also buttons. One thing that me and others have been waiting for is a keyboard with talking menus or simular. What do you think?
Thanks,
Christian

I think that is where computer connectivity would be helpful in this area. Yes talking menus would be grate, but perhaps the second best thing would be the ability to access all the programming and set-up features where the computer is connected to the keyboard (or module) and through a simple and non graphical interface, you can do most things from the computer rather than the keyboard itself. Almost like an editor. I know the Novation x-station can do this.

And while it would be helpful for blind persons, it would also make things more convenient for sighted persons as well. So Korg would make things better for all.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online