SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#222549 - 12/07/07 04:29 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Replace the bender/mod lever with pitch and mod wheels.

#222550 - 12/07/07 06:04 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Frank,

Don't forget to stop in Manhattan and we can do lunch!! Korg is in Melville Long Island I think, so it's out of the way of the city.

Please suggest to them to somehow link the Karma functionality to the Style Maker so that you can let the keyboard dynamically create styles on the fly and then tweak them during a live performance; that would be killer!!!

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#222551 - 12/07/07 09:19 PM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Oh Frank,
How fortunate thou art - well you earned it obviously.
Please, please ask the Korg people to offer an arranger module based on PA tech - a PA800M or PA2XProM would be sooo sweet.
Ciao,
Jerry

#222552 - 12/08/07 01:18 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
1.fix the fill problem.add more fills,2 in not enough.Fill problem is one of the 2 problems that keep korg beaten by yammy.

2.Don't over do styles .Keep it clean and simple so that you can sing/play over it without having to mute tracks.

3.Need more Western good 8 beats,16s,rumba type latin beats and good simple dance beats.Again listen to a S900(take their less is more approach) and you can do better.BUT again Don't over do it(which seems to be Korg problem).Ehnics beats are good but Korg should wonder why in US most arranger only players prefer Yammy than Korg (unlike in mid east and EU).Yes ,need SIMPLE good 8 beats that fits most songs.

4.Chord sequencer

5.Maybe Yammy type arranger drum track sychronizing with SMF play(that'll fix all poorly written /incorrected mapped drum track SMFs).

6.keep the bender, put arpgtr like Tritons and real time knob controls (even $200 yammy E403 has it).

7.Improve Acoustic guitar (also electric),more pure strings(less synthy),and better EFX routing.

Hardware and overall sound ,feature wise Korg is hard to beat.BUT suffers in arranger play(where Yammy shines)Take good examples and beat them.

Once your arrnger play is fixed,you'll sell more and 3rd party support will follow.

#222553 - 12/08/07 03:07 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
i was going to post some suggestion, but jamman put it just right!

+1 about number of fills and "jumpy" transitions.

#222554 - 12/08/07 05:35 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
If Korg want to create the ultimate arranger workstation please tell them to have the same effects set up as they have on the triton extreme with inedpendant routing . the group block effects on the pa series is limiting for work as a production tool.

#222555 - 12/08/07 06:12 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Dnj Offline

funny how this is turning into the some old wish list scenario.....with everyone with their own personal wish FOR THEM.....what one needs & wants the next never uses or even thinks about. I for one love the PA800 as is FOR MY NEEDS...I hear no fill problems when Im playing & there's more then enough features For My Needs. Look what you had just a few years ago & look what you have now with these amazing instruments.......

#222556 - 12/08/07 06:57 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hey, a fellow Triton owner! I agree with you on the block effects of the Triton, but I think we should aim higher and ask for the Oasys effects processer!!! How do you like your TE? Which model do you have 61, 76, 88?

I currently have my TE76 on Ebay and purchased the new M373. I can't wait for the new one.

Regards,
Al

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
If Korg want to create the ultimate arranger workstation please tell them to have the same effects set up as they have on the triton extreme with inedpendant routing . the group block effects on the pa series is limiting for work as a production tool.

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#222557 - 12/08/07 07:48 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
Dnj Offline

Remember the more you ask for the more it costs.....then everyone will complain about the price.

#222558 - 12/08/07 07:54 AM Re: Just been asked by Korg to a sit down for suggestions on arrangers
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Bring the prices down.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online