SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#221946 - 11/30/07 09:35 AM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
Dnj Offline

Isn't that the Hammond Cassp just bought?

#221947 - 11/30/07 09:41 AM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I believe Cassp bought an XK1, which, in my opinion, is the better deal...same Leslie sim as the XK3c.

#221948 - 11/30/07 09:49 AM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
ianmcnll Offline

The XK1 is also 10 lbs lighter than the XK3c...30 vs 40.

#221949 - 11/30/07 10:27 AM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
Dnj Offline

How does the Pa880 & S900/T2 etc compare to one of these Portable Hammond Models regarding Draw-bar Organ?....I haven't indulged them to much yet on mine, haven't had time, but I really enjoy the preset Pa800 organs so far....this might be a really good comparison to A/B arranger Organs like we did with the Pianos a few months ago! Anyone up for it?

#221950 - 11/30/07 11:57 AM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
According to the Keyboard review (it's here somewhere - use 'search') the cheaper XK-1 has a better Leslie sim than the XK-3...

Still doesn't deal with the loss of the lower manual, though. For those of you dismissing the C1 because it has no drawbars and you are looking for authenticity, well the loss of a complete lower manual strikes me as a MUCH greater blow to authenticity than the lack of drawbars...

And what does the XK3, plus the lower manual and all the associated hardware to build it into their 2 manual B3 clone weigh? A LOT more than any of you are going to be willing to move, I guarantee (and a LOT more than you are willing to spend!)...

#221951 - 11/30/07 12:21 PM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
ianmcnll Offline

The XK3c has the upgraded Leslie sim....same as the one in the XK1.

#221952 - 11/30/07 01:54 PM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Good catch, Ian... Hadn't seen that announcement yet.

Mind you, the XK-3c is 18 kg. for ONE manual (the XK-1 is just 15).

The C1, all glorious two manuals is only 15 kg.!

How about THAT, all you PSR lovers!

#221953 - 11/30/07 01:58 PM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Diki, save your breath. "There is none so blind as he that WILL not see". Take a keyboard that has gotten nothing but rave reviews (by professional organist, BTW, not "forum heroes" whose organ skills are probably marginal, at best), weighs a mere 34lbs, has dual manuals, has EVERY (B3) feature of all the other TOTL clonewheels, including the new Hammond B, costs less than a third of the cheapest dual-manual Hammond, has probably the best Vox and Farfisa simulations (if that turns you on), and one thing that all the other clonewheels seem to fall short on; that is, the full power, volume, and grit of a real B3 in the upper octaves (this is very important to me as I like to hear it "scream" at the top of it's range).

I'm sure that if the C1 had been purchased by one of our "leading lights", it would have been touted, through a flood of posts, as the greatest thing since, well...since the PA800. "A virtual shoo-in for keyboard of the year". "Why, hell, Hammond may as well close up shop and go home". This would then be followed by a mad dash (by the troops) to run out and buy one (or at least put it high up on the wish list). But wait, what??????, what the.......you mean "leading light" just dumped HIS? Oh darn, now I'm gonna have to sit around and wait for his next divine pronouncement. Maybe another PSR3000. You think?

chas

BTW, the C1 will play neither MP3s or SMFs.

#221954 - 11/30/07 02:02 PM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
ianmcnll Offline

I think the C1 is pretty cool...the look is "right", the sound is spot on, and having the combo organ sounds is a real plus.

If I ever band gigged again, it sure would be a cool rig to have...those close together keyboards could let you do all kinds of Hammond tricks.

A good digital piano along side of it would make it the ultimate setup.

Ian

#221955 - 11/30/07 03:24 PM Re: Whats are buying YOURSELF Musicaly for Christmas this Year?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Now tell the truth.....how many of us..after playing a "real B3", for a few hours, say wow that was fun , but I had enough!!!..sorta like eating chocolate cake..it hit the spot in the beginning, but grew tired of it...

Also, Diki, I really think most would rather have draw bars ..over the added second manual...I know I would...even though the second level is nice..

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online