SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#221714 - 11/21/07 06:32 PM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Dnj Offline

#221715 - 11/21/07 06:42 PM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If an Ipod takes your gig, you're obviously not an entertainer!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#221716 - 11/21/07 06:46 PM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Dnj Offline

Gary maybe not fully replaced but severely compromised....especially by the younger crowds. Make sure your niche is SOLID!

#221717 - 11/22/07 03:38 AM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
My concern has always been the next generation that grows up without live music.
If they've never heard a great live jazz combo how will they miss it.
I think about all the great local musicians that I heard at family weddings and parties how they inspired me when I was young.

#221718 - 11/22/07 04:03 AM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I was talking to someone who lives in a community where I have performed many times in years past......New Years Eve came up in our chat & I asked who is performing for you this year being Im already booked? She said "Oh this year we are getting a "JUKEBOX Service" that rents CUSTOM selected styles on songs & music. You simply tell then what kind of music you want & they LOAD the Jukebox with many of the songs you like....then the audience can pick & choose selections all night long for less then what you would pay for an OMB Entertainer, Band, or DJ, etc....
http://partyjukes.com/

Watch out people !!

As OMB players, we can not feel bad since we have been doing the same to a live band.

OMB replaces live band and MP3 player replaces OMB a logical progression.

Its only when you are the one being replaced you take the logic seriously.

When a OMB player replaces a live band (as we have been doing), we find all types of reasons to justify why we deserve the gig and not the live band. If it comes to a point when we are being replaced, would we still make the same arguments for the MP3 players that we have been making for our selves?

#221719 - 11/22/07 07:03 AM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Dnj Offline

Weve some what replaced live bands only because DJ's undercut us in the 70's & people will always go where the price is in their favor.

#221720 - 11/22/07 07:10 AM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Referring back to Charles and Diki, the mere fact that you exhibiting some musical talent and/or being an entertainer puts us ahead of the game in most cases.

A case in point, I do a weekly gig where there are two good singers using Karaoke machines and myself playing keyboard and singing. I always get more applause playing and singing, eventhough they may be better singers.

In my estimation, both are better than Ipod players, and presumably, most audiences think you too.
Bernie

#221721 - 11/25/07 01:23 AM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Nothing to worry about DNJ, this is just an example of someone who does not appreciate the added value of having someone (or more than one) performing LIVE music. Every bar uses CD's to have music for their customers. If they want to do something _extra_, they hire a performing artist.

If I would be at a party that would have a jukebox, I'd feel as if I might as well have stayed home and play my own CD's.

#221722 - 11/25/07 03:27 AM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I've been playing this disco type thing for a few years now quite successfully, along with live play - I marry it all together...live play; then midi tracks for my singer; then disco to finish off. All out of the same marvellous keyboard... (Technics KN7000 of course.) http://www.divasndisco.co.uk/

#221723 - 11/25/07 04:12 AM Re: Will we be Replaced by a JUKEBOX Next?
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Roger
Sounds good, and Wendy certainly adds a visual element as well. I see the Cambridge affair was well attended too.

Nice to see you posting.
Bernie

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online