SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#221647 - 11/17/07 04:54 PM Captain Russ?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Hey Cap, my cousins are going to be visiting their sister in Lexington over Thanksgiving. I told them about you. Where are you going to be playing Wed thru Sat?

Tom

Tom

#221648 - 11/18/07 11:08 AM Re: Captain Russ?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hi, Tom. I'm going to be at private event on Wed for the University of Kentucky, the UK Alumni Club for a few hours on Thursday afternoon; on Friday and Saturday, I'll be at a small restaurant called Country Cooking by George from 5-8:00-then to other private events at a local country club.

Be glad to meet your folks Friday or Saturday night, and treat. Part of the deal at the little restaurant is cash and $50.00 per night in trade. I'm sitting on over $3000.00 in food trade... been there for about two years. I'm losing the gravy war! Just have them call me when they get here and I'll give them directions.

Place is a home type restaurant with a traditional southern food bar and a menu.

"Country George" is a fellow from Taiwan, and owns the most popular Asian restaurant in town; Asian Wind. The cook is Mexican. Two of the bussers are the kids of a Taiwanese hooker who worked at a hotel I played for years. The day host is a big Italian fellow who looks, acts and talks like Pauley on the Sopranos, grey hair wings and all. I don't play much (read hardly any)country music. It's a hoot! Food's great-the music kinda sucks!

Be a treat to see them. My 2nd job is at 9:00 across town, so I make my escape pretty quickly. Equipment stays there, so I'm out the door at 8:01. When they show up, just tell them to let Joanna, the host, know they're my guests.

OH Boy! COMPANY!

R.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 11-19-2007).]

#221649 - 11/18/07 05:54 PM Re: Captain Russ?
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:

I'm sitting on over $3000.00 in food trade... been there for about two years. I'm losing the gravy war!

Food's great-the music kinda sucks!

OH Boy! COMPANY!

R.

So when is the S-Z party ?!?!?!?!?

t.

#221650 - 11/18/07 07:14 PM Re: Captain Russ?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Treating them is not necessary. I just wanted them to hear you perform. You need to save the food budget for when I visit. I am passing along the information to my cousin. Thanks.

Lexington wouldn't be a bad place for a midwest Synthzone jam. It's only an 8 hour drive for me and I could pick up Cassp on the way. It's probably southern enough that Don Mason and Eddie wouldn't be intimited by us Yankees.

Tom

Tom

#221651 - 11/18/07 07:38 PM Re: Captain Russ?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
It would work for me too as wife's folks all live cross state in the SW corner at Benton. We WOULD make it, with enough lead time
Bebop

#221652 - 11/19/07 04:12 AM Re: Captain Russ?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Not too far from Dayton, I must say

#221653 - 11/19/07 05:48 AM Re: Captain Russ?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Captain Russ,

Just wanted to give you a heads up on internet security and privacy. I would advise you against posting your telephone numbers and email addresses on a public forum such as synthzone. This information WILL be used by spammers and Marketing firms and maybe even hackers to target you.

It is more advisable to send Tom a private email with this information. you might want to ask Nigel to edit this information for you.

Just watching your back....

Regards,
Al

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#221654 - 11/19/07 08:40 AM Re: Captain Russ?
captain Russ Offline

Al, you're right. IU'll ask Nigel to eliminate the numbers. Stupid me!

R.

#221655 - 11/19/07 08:48 AM Re: Captain Russ?
captain Russ Offline

I'd welcome visitors here! It would take a little re-arranging, but could be done. Plus, the food issue is already taken care of, as long as you like fried green tomatoes, pinto beans, cornbread, etc.

Russ

#221656 - 11/19/07 12:18 PM Re: Captain Russ?
captain Russ Offline

Tom, just have your folks ask their people in Lexington to help them find Gardenside Shopping Center and Alexandria Drive. Tell them the restaurant is on the on the side where Dawahare's is. They can email me, too, for directions.

Really be nice if they would visit...

Russ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online