SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#219613 - 09/20/02 05:49 PM Re: Upgrade for the PSR 2000?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
I spoke with Yamaha here in the USA and to everybody here's best information, they know of know upgrade for the PSR2000 and it is my opinion as most of you know, Yamaha will replace the PSR2000 with the PSR------- in one year from now as it has been their business practice to replace products every two years. [/B]

Hi George: Oh well, It was nice dreaming about anyway ... hey who knows, dreams have been known to come true. If Yamaha wants to call it a PSR2500 or another number, that's fine too, just as long as it stays the same size & weight, includes 'built in' speakers. The PSR2000 remains imho a winning combination of great sound at a terrific price point . . . adding more onboard flash memory would make it even SO MUCH better. Yamaha, are you listening? - Scott

#219614 - 09/21/02 02:13 AM Re: Upgrade for the PSR 2000?
Beakybird Offline

I share Scott's dream. I would sell one of my PSR2000s in a flash to buy a new one with more flash memory. The lack of flash and the need to do the floppy shuffle, is the only thing that gets in the way of my shows.

George, is there anyone I can contact (via mail) who is in product development for these keyboards, because I'd like to make some suggestions before they start producing the successor to the PSR2000. The reason I ask for mail as opposed to email, is that I imagine that these people would be hesitant to get emails from pestering plebes like myself.

I imagine that the successor to the PSR2000 will have the flash memory we all want plus the panel voices of the PSR9000 or 9000 pro. Hopefully they'll throw in a couple mega voices. I imagine that we'll get a lot of the styles that are currently on the Tyros plus a few new ones.

USB would be great. A hard drive option would probably be wishful thinking, but it can't hurt to make wishes.

A little sturdier? Well, that's probably in Yamaha's best interest. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has brought one of these in for repairs.

We hope that they learned from the OS fiasco to either iron out the bugs before hand or give the customer an upgradeable OS.

I also wish that Yamaha would put a Start Over button in their style control section. This would make it so much easier to play songs that have an odd time signature inserted in the middle. As it is, it's almost impossible. You have to press the STOP button, change chords quickly and flawlessly, and then press the STOP button again to deactivate it. At the same time, I'm trying to sing and play an accompaniment with the right hand.

Thanks George for any info on how I can contact Yamaha with suggestions.

Beakybird

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online