SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#219509 - 10/05/07 04:53 PM Who uses a seconf keyboard?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
What do you use? Why? What would you suggest as a second keyboard; not a back-up.

Does anyone use a controller? What do you control?

------------------
www.cassponline.com/

#219510 - 10/05/07 05:06 PM Re: Who uses a seconf keyboard?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi:
I gig with the Tyros2 and the Korg PA800, my backup is a new PSR S900.
Why?, because as a former organist I am so used to have available 2 or more keyboards while performing.
As example, I use the arranger in the T2 and have diferent sounds in the PA800 besides the sound on the RH in the T2, for the next song I may use a style in the PA800 and just sounds in the T2 besides the 800.

Also is a great source if you have to play more songs let's say foxtrot, I have a GREAT selection, not only in the T2 also in the PA800. Makes it more FUN !!for me and my audience, if someone requested a song that I played in the previous set, I may play it in the other board, so, it may be the same song, but it will not sound the same.

#219511 - 10/05/07 05:41 PM Re: Who uses a seconf keyboard?
TresorTX Offline

Loc: Dallas, Boston, Orlando
I interchange between the PSR-3000 and PA1XPRO. I might use the PSR style, but enjoy the paino on the PA1X, or I might like to play some of the simple Korg styles, but use the rich Yamaha Sax or EP's. It's fun to use them interchangably, it seems to add more variety and depth to the performance. It keeps the constant YAMAHA styles from sounding too repetetive.

BTW, I have my PSR-3000 for sale in the 'BUY AND SELL' folder here. Man I love that keyboard!!!

PSR S900
Korg PA1XPRO
Kurzweil PC3X
Logitech Z

#219512 - 10/05/07 06:48 PM Re: Who uses a seconf keyboard?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
check your email, Russ.

I'm also wondering if anyone uses something other than an additional arranger, say a Motif, Juno or X50 or maybe an XK-1...

Any controller keyboards being used with modules or software?

#219513 - 10/06/07 03:01 AM Re: Who uses a seconf keyboard?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Cass, I assume you mean performing rig (as opposed to studio). I currently use just the Nord C1 but plan to add the Roland Sonic Cell as extra voices once it starts shipping. In the studio I have scaled back to Tyros 2 and PA1x Pro for fun and as compositional sketchpads, plus Motif ES, Triton, Roland VP550, and a Roland A70 w/expansion board controlling a bunch of softsynths (which I rarely use) for serious recording.

I'm picking up a digital piano (Behringer EuroGrand) for the rec room but that's just for fun and for the grandkids to bang on (at least that's what I told my wife). It has pretty stiff action and should hopefully help me regain some finger strength and stave off arthritis (plus, they're really cheap ). It also has a two-track sequencer, good for quick-and-dirty solo piano recordings.

I've got a bunch of other keyboards and modules back in the storage room but they'll likely stay there 'till I die and my wife tosses them into a dumpster (and possibly me along with them). There's an acoustic piano in the living room but my wife is the only one that plays it. Uh, have I gone WAY past answering your question, yet?

chas

#219514 - 10/06/07 03:50 AM Re: Who uses a seconf keyboard?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
My second keyboard and secret weapon(especially for studio work)is a Yamaha CS01 mini synthesizer...no MIDI, small keys, no patch memory, but a terrific analog sound....plus, it uses a breath controller...very expressive.

Great for bass(32') and also for smooth fat leads.

Bought it new many moons ago.

Ian

#219515 - 10/06/07 11:04 AM Re: Who uses a seconf keyboard?
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Yamaha Psr 3000 as master
Roland E50 as slave

Chico

#219516 - 10/06/07 12:53 PM Re: Who uses a seconf keyboard?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Forgot to say, my boards are not connected MIDI,
Independent each one, the only link is the volume pedal, I use the Korg XVP10, before that, I used 2 Yamaha FC7, also I use sustain/hold pedals for each one.

#219517 - 10/06/07 12:56 PM Re: Who uses a seconf keyboard?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I like to use multiple keyboards. At my country club job, it's a B-3 with an old mirco-Korg on the top and a Rhodes on my right hand.

At another week-end house job, it's an MS-60 and a controller with an old Yamaha tone generator (that equipment-both places- stays on site). Alwways use two boards, again, because of years of playing a B exclusively.

Still have the GW-7, G-70, Sh-201, Midjay and controller in boxes, along with an XB-2 I bought years ago and never used. I'm going to take the time to get up to speed on this equipment before the end of the year and use it-in some combination-in 2008.

Russ

#219518 - 10/08/07 10:30 AM Re: Who uses a seconf keyboard?
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Yamaha DGX-500 controller and piano (Don't like the piano sounds on te PA1x-pro

and Pa1x-pro.

I also just purchased in the last few months the new YPG-625, which is like te replacement for the DGX-500. It's not MIDI but I just keep it in my office, anyway, for checking keys on new songs, playing around, ideas, etc.

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online