SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#219384 - 05/12/07 07:16 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Many of the style programmers read our posts here. Chris Anthony, who many years ago worked only for Generalmusic, has been freelancing for many years now and has done styles for the Yamaha Tyros, Roland G and E series as well. I know several Korg programmers who live throughout the USA and Italy.
I was invited to Yamaha many years ago along with another store owner from the east coast to assist Yamaha in giving examples of songs which contain the types of music the styles should come from.
I do think the majority of manufactures listen to what you have to say and do their best to develop styles they think their customers want.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#219385 - 05/12/07 08:53 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Wis Offline

The problem is there are so many customers and they have all different wishes.

#219386 - 05/12/07 11:18 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, obviously at the moment Roland (and most of the majors) are developing styles for their existing customers. It's easy to see a bias towards, firstly, 'older' styles mostly usable by senior citizens, or players playing FOR senior citizens, and secondly, styles aimed squarely at European players, beer-hall and schlager, and european flavored 'pop' styles.

If arranger manufacturers want to get serious about the US market, they are going to have to make the styles FIRST, and then the sales will come. It's not going to happen the other way around, for sure....

As I've said many times, if arrangers (in the US, at least) had styles developed by the same teams that voice the arp patterns for workstations, you wouldn't be able to keep them in stock! Manipulating a style is FAR easier than trying to string a bunch of patterns together on the fly.

I tried a MotifXS recently, and while the patterns were to die for, hip, contemporary, VERY 'USA", it was a nightmare to try and trigger the patterns and fill patterns while I was still playing other parts...! An arranger is a FAR better tool for manipulating patterns, but until the majors stop giving ALL the good, contemporary patterns to the workstation line, and stop leaving the arrangers with mostly schlock and old folks home styles, this type of keyboard will never increase it's market (and slowly die out due to attrition!).

It isn't all about the $$$.... Sometimes you have to INVEST to get $$$$ in the future....

#219387 - 05/12/07 12:30 PM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I see that nobody is using the Roland General Arranger Forum here in the Synthzone, so how about us Roland E 50, 60, and 80 owner/players take it over for our own.
Inviting all current owners and buyers to join us there so we can learn from each other.
I am specifically asking Diki to join us as he has a lot of experience already and can be a great help to us newbies if he will. C'mon Diki give us the benefit of your hard earned knowledge, please.
here is the quick and easy URL to get there.
Graham is getting e 80 in a day or so and is already posting there with me.
How about it? Sound like a winner to you?
we are going to need our own forum as a LOT of people are going to buy these three boards.
See ya at: http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdi...r=38&DaysPrune=
Bebop

#219388 - 05/12/07 02:31 PM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Diki,
I usually put any mega voice styles thru emc to convert them to my non mega voice psr1500.
There's free software options available also. I think Michaels Midi Player software converts them also.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diki:
[B]The main problem going from Yamaha to Roland are the Mega voices.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#219389 - 05/12/07 03:16 PM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, yes, several softwares (even a regular MIDI sequencer) can edit out the Mega information. But, unfortunately, those mega performance nuances are EXACTLY what make the part so good! The damping of chords, the body knocks and pick noises are what makes me want the styles in the first place!

#219390 - 05/14/07 01:35 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Dnj Offline

Diki.....judging by your posts....
sounds like your yearning for a T2?
whats the story? Getting tired of the G70?.....talk to us

#219391 - 05/14/07 02:25 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Dnj Offline

http://keyboard.eskildsen.dk/ShowProduct.aspx?productId=17338

Here are some more E80 Style demos MP3

enjoy

#219392 - 05/14/07 02:42 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Man the E80 sounds awesome!

hurry up and buy one Donny so when u wanna sell it ill be able to buy it off u and save save save

#219393 - 05/14/07 03:33 AM Re: I ordered the ROLAND E - 80 yesterday
Dnj Offline

It's just another tool of the trade....
Nick I might surprise you & keep it in my arranger arsenal.....

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online