SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#218745 - 01/13/05 05:12 AM Re: My voice, Can it be changed???
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
So, many of you keep saying "You can do it, just practice, take lessons, you can do it!"

How do you know Rebel has any chance of ever singing? Do you honestly think that ANYone can sing decently with lessons and practice? I don't. But if you do, I'd like to hear more. That's very interesting.

I stand by what I said... have someone evaluate you that you can trust and see if they think there is any hope. Some people canNOT sing, period. Is that a valid statement?

#218746 - 01/13/05 05:39 AM Re: My voice, Can it be changed???
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Some people canNOT sing, period. Is that a valid statement?

I think it IS a valid statement....just like "Some people CANNOT float". Physical makeup greatly affects the way sound travels through the body, but he important lesson here is that ....... the audio part of singing (what is actually HEARD) is TOTALY subjective to the listener!
Do you like Lauren Bacall's voice?
It's scratchy and low .....
How about Michael Fienstein?
He's got a smooth, broadway tenor thing going on.
Point is: some will like one thing and others will not. I truly believe that the instrument(voice)itself, comes from deep within the soul and not the vocal cords. The voice box merely pushes air through your mouth ...... there are hundreds of other variables that go before that final push.

The most important thing to remember in singing is communication. The lyric is king. The lord and master of the song, so treat it as such, and learn the words. Understand the meaning behind them. If it's a mindless dance tune (like the Electric Slide), then it matters very little how you phrase it, but if the song has a message .... make sure YOU get it before you try to sell it.

1)Pitch can be improved.
2)Technique can be practiced.
3)Diction can be learned.
4)"Soul" and "Feeling" must come from within the artist.

Concentrate on all 4 steps, but treat #4 as the highest priority!

#218747 - 01/13/05 06:01 AM Re: My voice, Can it be changed???
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Yeah, but don't you guys think some people are so tone deaf, there is no hope? Make you cover your ears. Tone, volume, character, soul, none of that matters if you can't sing on pitch. I don't care how much you practice, there is no hope for some. Or is there?

#218748 - 01/13/05 07:13 AM Re: My voice, Can it be changed???
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Yeah, but don't you guys think some people are so tone deaf, there is no hope? Make you cover your ears. Tone, volume, character, soul, none of that matters if you can't sing on pitch. I don't care how much you practice, there is no hope for some. Or is there?

I am not qualified to answer your question, but I have heard people who are so tone deaf, that every note is off key. It is hard to believe that their is hope for them.
Starkeeper

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online