SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#218159 - 01/23/02 11:31 PM Anyone have any info or every play a Casio Digital Piano?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Has anyone here actually played one of Casio's digital pianos? I myself have never seen one or even laid hands on one. I was looking through a catalog the other day and I see Casio has a new digital piano out. It's supposed to be using their newest sound chip. (I'm assuming the same chip for the MZ-2000) I noticed it has weighted keys and quite a lame and limited internal recorder. The body looks half decent, but how does it sound? Granted the MZ's sounds were a HUGE improvment over their past models, but how are the sounds on their digital pianos. Do they actually give more memory to the sound source since it only has a few sounds. If anyone has any info on their digital pianos I would really appreciate it. I have a friend at work who's wanting a digital piano and she is a dedicated Casio fan (Don't Ask) She's played Yamaha but for some reason she still likes Casio. I tried to direct her towards Yamaha's YPD-121, but she want's to try the Casio. I see the newer casio is selling for about a grand ($999.00) Any have any info?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#218160 - 01/24/02 04:14 AM Re: Anyone have any info or every play a Casio Digital Piano?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Squeak,
I can get you MANY better deals in that price range for a better quality digital piano. I have a GEM Pro2 that you can buy for $799. Korgs - same range - there are many better choices.

#218161 - 01/25/02 05:19 AM Re: Anyone have any info or every play a Casio Digital Piano?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
UD,
I agree with you in that there are a lot of digital pianos out there in the same range or less that are of much better quality than the Casio. I've been trying to lead my friend in that direction, but she won't budge. She wants a Casio Digital. I think she's going to order it from a catalog. I've suggested the following to her

Yamaha: YPD-121, P-80, P-120
Korg: SP-100
Roland: MP-300, RD-150, F-90

These are just a few I suggested

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online