SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#215014 - 01/03/02 10:49 PM Sustain pedal trick!
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
I dont know if anybody else has thought of this but if like me you are using 2 keyboards on-stage that are not midi'd together! what do you do about pedal sustain for each keyboard ? have two pedals! no there is a simple solution, get a 'one into two' jack splitter, plug the sustain pedal jack into the splitter, plug the splitter into one keyboard and just run a short jack lead from the splitter to your second keyboard, works a treat
The only downside is that some keyboard manufacturers use different pedal command polarities so you may find that when one keyboard sustains your other keyboard will be working in reverse, most recent keyboards have reversible pedal polarity option anyway.
Thats all for now.

#215015 - 01/04/02 11:25 AM Re: Sustain pedal trick!
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello, I use this also for the expression pedal to be able to control my X1 & SD1 ( I EQ for separate), I made this work also when I had the VA7, to be able to work properly, it needs to share the same "ground", and for matters of polarity, I use a short simple stereo RCA cable w/adaptor stereo to plug 1/4 in each end, one to the my splitter "Y" the other to the keyboard, and if it does not work( the sustain/volume of the kb), simply invert ONE of the ends of the RCA cable.......

------------------
mdorantes

#215016 - 01/04/02 11:52 AM Re: Sustain pedal trick!
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Pasadoble,
I don't know about my new PSR-2000, but my
old PSR-510 you could change the polarity by
pushing the foot switch down & turning on the power. If you do this and it works all your keys will be sustained! To get it back just repeat the prossess again.
Nobby

------------------

#215017 - 01/04/02 12:04 PM Re: Sustain pedal trick!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There is a screen on the 2000 to reverse fs polarity.
DonM

#215018 - 01/04/02 01:18 PM Re: Sustain pedal trick!
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Thanks DonM,
I'll look into that. Might be helpful sometime!
Are you enjoying the 2000 as much as I am?
Nobby

------------------

#215019 - 01/04/02 01:57 PM Re: Sustain pedal trick!
DonM Offline

I don't know, how much are you enjoying it?
Actually I'm enjoying the portability a lot. I don't have any real complaints other than the vocal harmony problem when using certain settings. I sure hope Yamaha corrects that in OS update. Aside from that, there seem to be very few "bugs".
DonM

#215020 - 01/05/02 12:33 AM Re: Sustain pedal trick!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Here's what I am unhappy about - and maybe it's just that I haven't DUG in enough yet.
1) I select a registration to begin the night with - I notice that the drums need a little "sizzle" so I make the appropriate EQ change ......... the dance floor shifts gears and i segue directly into a different tune, and WHAM ! the EQ is back to standard settings. Can I set this somehow to STAY put?
(without writing it into a separate registration)
2) Can a registration remember vocal harmony selections? When I use the seuqencer - the harmonies no longer HOLD when I lift my left hand keys, so I switch to right hand/vocoder mode. I'd like to write a few registrations to handle all the vocal needs.
3) Has anyone's o/s allowed them to write fingering modes into registrations? This should be a given, don't ya think? The registration should remember ALL front panel settings.
I'll sit down with it this week, but since I've had it - it's been either on stage or in transit, so I have not explored the fine tunings yet. Anyone have these answers?
(I'll be your best friend??????)

#215021 - 01/05/02 12:57 AM Re: Sustain pedal trick!
DonM Offline

"They" tell me that there is a newer OS version in Europe that does remember fingering modes. I talked to Yamaha technician in California Friday, and they don't have it to distribute, but they have a PSR2000 with it on there.
I complained about the vocal harmony not working right on certain settings and they (finally) agreed. Maybe we'll eventually see an update on that.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online