SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#214707 - 09/29/03 10:32 PM annoyances on the PSR 2100
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
Hi!
First, this forum is just amazing. I feel like I live again. There was somne problem on my NEWWWW PSR 2100 with the MIC (some beeping noises) just a few hours after it arrived. I got real tense and was going to return it to the store and ask the guy to get me another piece. I just thought, lemme look up on the forum before that....wise decision. I saw that Jill was also encountering the same problem with her 2100. This saved me a 2 hour drive to the store and back. Would have wasted my time.
Then I spoke to Uncle Dave....Uncle Dave...with no exaggerations, you sounded so good just talking. I mean, I couldnt accept that it was you 'cos you sounded just like a 20 something guy. Thats why I kept saying Hello Hello thinking I dialled a wrong number. So friendly and so nice to talk to. You are fantastic Uncle Dave. I just cant keep my hands off the 2100 and I havent since last afternoon (YAWN). Uncle you were right, I just almost didnt sleep last night.
Im gonna try resetting the MIC sections and try tweaking it again. Hope I can eliminate the noise. Any comments would be highly appreciated.
THANX A LOT
Sunny

#214708 - 09/30/03 03:59 AM Re: annoyances on the PSR 2100
Dnj Offline

Uncle dave is such a Sweetheart[sigh]

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-30-2003).]

#214709 - 09/30/03 04:39 AM Re: annoyances on the PSR 2100
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi sunny -
just left you an email, of what settings I'm using, which did help quite a bit.

I still have lots more tweaking to go, as my voice still sounds much better directly thru the mixer/ peavey speakers.

I seem to get "drowned" out sometimes when singing thru the mic in the keyboards, having to adjust balance on EACH song, so more work for me!

Hang in there Sunny, we'll get it!

Jill

#214710 - 09/30/03 09:09 AM Re: annoyances on the PSR 2100
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've found (happily) that the 2100 has WAY too much gain on midi playback. I set the song volume to about 66, and that way, when a quiet one comes on...I have headroom to pump it up.
My mic volume changes very little from downbeat to last chord...it's mostly done with a dynamic approach.

#214711 - 09/30/03 09:28 AM Re: annoyances on the PSR 2100
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is the basic approach I have too Dave, so I'm tuning down the song volume on my files, and tweaking some of the background stuff too, makes a world of difference!

Jill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online