The Tyros is a fantastic keyboard. Not for me. It's too expensive, and I would really prefer to have onboard speakers.

I like the convenience of having two of the same keyboard, one for my office and one in the trunk of my car. This way, if I want to develop a style or an OTS, I can do it in my office without having to lug the keyboard in from my trunk. I certainly couldn't afford to own two Tyros keyboards.

Look, I wouldn't expect to get a Tyros for a little over $1000. I realize that a lot of R&D goes into creating the megavoices and all of the styles on the Tyros. But let's look at what improvements could have been added for little to no cost by Yamaha:

1. Fixing glitches like the fingering glitch discussed in Joe Water's PSR2100 thread (Luckily, this doesn't affect me).
2. Adding more internal storage.
3. Creating a USB storage device
4. Revoicing the old styles and their OTSs with the new voices.

Sure, I have a lot of other wishes on my list, but the above could have been done easily. If Yamaha really wants people to buy a Tyros they can add bumps and scales to the PSR2100s keys so that it's so uncomfortable to play that people will buy the Tyros.

On good notes, the new piano is very pleasant sounding. However, I still don't notice much difference in the mix. Also, I haven't done a side by side comparison, but my ears hear a better bass response with the PSR2100. Do you concur, Joe?

Beakybird