SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#210749 - 02/16/06 08:23 PM Another Tyros2 Song Recording: Take it . . . "Easy"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok guys,it's not an Eagles tune this time. Hey, I almost fooled ya didn't I.

Here's my keyboard/vocal rendition of "Nice & Easy",an American Songbook classic by the Lew Spence, Alan Bergman & Marilyn Keith . Performed "live" on Tyros2, utilizing a bossa nova style.

To listen: visit my website:
Scott Yee Entertainment
go to: "Song Demos" page.
"Nice 'N Easy" is available for download/play in the "Big Band/Swing" Section.

Hope you enjoy this one.

Scott

#210750 - 02/17/06 04:34 AM Re: Another Tyros2 Song Recording: Take it . . . "Easy"
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Scott,

I enjoyed it very much. While I was at your web site I also listened to "Things We Said Today" one of my many favorite Beatle tunes. I enjoyed that one a lot also. With the chord progression changing so oddly on the bridge I would think that it would be a very difficult tune to do. It sounded easy for you.

Btw, did you have the piano muted on the style while you were comping? Whatever you were doing it sounded great.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 02-17-2006).]

Tom

#210751 - 02/17/06 04:58 AM Re: Another Tyros2 Song Recording: Take it . . . "Easy"
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Scott:

Nice job on "Nice and Easy" I'm a real fan of the Great American Songbook. The Eagles I can take or leave. I guess that qualifies me for "Old Geezer" status. Nevertheless, you do that tune justice.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 02-17-2006).]

#210752 - 02/17/06 07:30 AM Re: Another Tyros2 Song Recording: Take it . . . "Easy"
babylon Offline

Loc: Saline, Mi.
Scott very nice job on "nice and easy" I am a geezer as well,but I like the Eagles.

#210753 - 02/17/06 07:42 AM Re: Another Tyros2 Song Recording: Take it . . . "Easy"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Great job, Scott.
DonM

#210754 - 02/17/06 08:38 AM Re: Another Tyros2 Song Recording: Take it . . . "Easy"
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Well, heck, I give. I have tried three separate times to hear this. House-sitting for a friend, his computer suddenly won't produce sound. Except when I visited a lyric site and was surprised by some goofy speech-on-page deal. CD's won't play, reboot did not solve, beats me.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#210755 - 02/17/06 09:43 AM Re: Another Tyros2 Song Recording: Take it . . . "Easy"
Scottyee Offline

Tom, Stephen, Babylon, DonM. Thanks for such kind replies.

Bill: I think it time to move up to a broadband/dsl connection dude. Depending on your email server's 'maximum file size' limitation for incoming mail attachments, I can email you the song directly to you if you'd like. Let me know.

Ok, back on the topic of my song posting. Curious what you guys think of the vocal balance. After re-listening, I think I would have prefered the vocals to be a tad bit more upfront (louder). Vocal EQ wasn't ideal imo either. I'm wondering now if this just may be the limitation of recording with my dynamic mic (Sennheiser e935) instead of the AKG C3000 condenser mic, which I also own. Because I prefer the simplicity & convenience of performing & recording live onboard the Tyros2 only, albeit no post editing/mixing, I suppose this means sacrificing quality engineering control, and the limitations of a dynamic mic vs condenser (unless a phantom power supply box is brought on as well). Trade-offs I suppose.

Scott

#210756 - 02/17/06 09:46 AM Re: Another Tyros2 Song Recording: Take it . . . "Easy"
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Nice style Scott, love that intro and ending.
Crystal clear vocals, relaxed playing with nice solo in the middle. Glad to see you're back singing your genre of songs m8, keep up the good work.

#210757 - 02/17/06 10:07 AM Re: Another Tyros2 Song Recording: Take it . . . "Easy"
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:

Btw, did you have the piano muted on the style while you were comping?

Tom: Nope, cuz this specific 70's bossa guitar style included no auto acomp keyboard/piano parts. In general though, I'll always remove (or at lesat mute) any/all keyboard/piano auto accomp parts, and play them live myself because no keyboard auto accompaniment can compare to the spontaneous feel of live keyboard comping & playing. - Scott

#210758 - 02/17/06 10:33 AM Re: Another Tyros2 Song Recording: Take it . . . "Easy"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
O.K. Scott, you want the truth? I think you should stick with Country.
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online