SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#209400 - 05/13/06 04:05 PM Problem with a listed Wireless LAN on T2
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Just thought that I would run this through the forum and see if anyone can come up with something other than what I think the problem is. If a solution is available, that would be great. However, I am not going to hold my breath on this one. I bought a Netgear MA-111 wireless LAN adapter to use on my T2. After it is installed and the Internet connect button is pressed, I receive this error after it tries to connect. "This LAN Adapter cannot be used" error #1001
If anyone can help that would be awesome. However, I don't hold out much hope at this point. The adapter does work, as I have tried it on another computer. It is a Ver. 2 model of the MA-111 which might be the problem. All I know is, it sucks!

Thanks for any insight into this matter.

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 05-13-2006).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#209401 - 05/13/06 07:51 PM Re: Problem with a listed Wireless LAN on T2
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I had exactly the same problem, wirh exactly the same wireless LAN device. The one I bought over the internet was advertised as being version 1. When it arrived, I discovered it was version 2 and it will not work. The seller would not take it back since they didn't think selling an current, updated model is a valid reason to return it. Apparently, Netgear has not supported version 1 since 2003. I don't know what the heck Yamaha is doing putting such an old driver in their "flagship" arranger. They desparately need to update the OS to include currently available devices.

Tom G.

#209402 - 05/13/06 10:09 PM Re: Problem with a listed Wireless LAN on T2
TwoNuts Offline

Thanks Tom,

I was pretty sure that was the case. I was wondering if Yamaha would be updating their driver database with an upcoming OS upgrade. I won't count on that. I will sell my item on Ebay and buy a D-Link model instead. Go figure. You try to do the right thing by looking up the approved adapters and you still get burned. "Thats Life"...

Regards,
Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#209403 - 05/14/06 03:18 AM Re: Problem with a listed Wireless LAN on T2
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi there.
With you putting you bought a wireless lan adaptor, what has happened to using the free usb adaptors that Yamaha give away with all the T2's purchased? I can connect to the internet easily with the D-Link they sent to me or am I missing something here?

#209404 - 05/14/06 10:00 AM Re: Problem with a listed Wireless LAN on T2
TwoNuts Offline

Craig,

I think that everyone in the USA is getting a wired USB adapter made by Belkin. It works just fine if you want to connect it with a Ethernet cable. I just prefer the wireless, thats all.

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 05-14-2006).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#209405 - 05/14/06 10:20 AM Re: Problem with a listed Wireless LAN on T2
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Yes, me too. I have received the free wired LAN adapter from Yamaha. But, I do not want to run a network cable across my room from the Tyros2 to the router. I have had a wireless network in my home for many, many years and don't want to step backwards. Anyway, from what I see, once you check out the stuff that's available on the Yamaha IDC site, there isn't a lot of reason to go back to it too often. Unless you want to buy expensive MIDI files one at a time.

Tom G.

#209406 - 05/14/06 10:28 AM Re: Problem with a listed Wireless LAN on T2
TwoNuts Offline

Thats kinda what I thought.

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#209407 - 05/14/06 01:32 PM Re: Problem with a listed Wireless LAN on T2
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks guys for replying, I know what you mean now
The premium styles on the IDC are good for the money.

#209408 - 05/28/06 07:31 AM Re: Problem with a listed Wireless LAN on T2
MarcK Offline

Similar situation here. I got the free Belkin adapter from Yamaha and I could theoretically take the 3000 to work and plug in to the network there. However, I share a wireless network (with permission) from a neighbor in my building and therefore bought the D-Link DWL 120 (listed by Yamaha as an approved device) for wireless access. So far I have not yet gotten it to work -- the "Link" light on the unit flashes on and off instead of staying on. There is a chance that it could be due to the wireless network not being set up properly but it work for my laptop and desktop computers (both of which have their own wireless network adapters)....So I'm sort of frustrated here. Does anyone know if all DWL-120's should work, or maybe there is more than one version?

#209409 - 05/29/06 09:51 AM Re: Problem with a listed Wireless LAN on T2
MarcK Offline

Never mind, got it working. (I followed Yamaha's online tutorial.... :-\) In any event I was rather underwhelmed to see that only 30 Styles are available for download....for some reason I expected two or three times as many....are these the same Styles that are available for download via Tyros 2 IDC?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online