SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#207079 - 12/31/04 07:09 AM Happy New Year!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
For many of us, tonight is the big night when we work our butts off and perform non-stop for folks that will likely eat and drink too much as the ring in 2005.

For the past dozen or so years I've held an annual New Year's Eve bash at my home for 30 to 40 friends and a few relatives. This will will be no different. They'll be served mounds of steamed jumbo shrimp, shish-ka-bob fillet mignon with Jack Daniels sauce, Coconut shrimp with Teriyaki sauce, smoked salmon, assorted cheeses, and any beverage they desire. I'll provide the entertainment using the 3000 and Z-5500 system, and about 2 a.m. everyone will head home. I'll get to bed about 3:30 after cleaning up.

2004, however, is the last New Year's Eve party that I'm hosting. Next year, I'm gonna hop on a plane with my loving spouse of more than 4 decades and fly somewhere that's warm. I'll let someone else do the entertaining for a change, while we ring in the New Year over a tall glass of champange.

I sincerely wish to express my thanks to everyone on this wonderful forum for their help duirng the past year and wish everyone a safe and happy New Year, and a prosperous and rewarding 2005.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#207080 - 12/31/04 07:12 AM Re: Happy New Year!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Gary, all the best to you and your better half for the New Year!!!! With 40 years of marriage, it sounds like it's time for a January trip to Hawaii!!!

And to everyone here have a healthy, prosperous, and musical New Year!!!!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#207081 - 12/31/04 07:37 AM Re: Happy New Year!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Gary... your party sounds like a blast, but also lots of work. Your plan for next year sounds like a good one. Have fun and Happy New Year!

Glenn

#207082 - 12/31/04 09:02 AM Re: Happy New Year!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yeah, yeah, Gary. You coulda been HERE for NY's Eve! Maybe next year. Send me some shrimp.
Didn't get your box in the mail yet. It will have to be Monday! Sorry.
DonM

#207083 - 12/31/04 10:09 AM Re: Happy New Year!
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
C'mon down - it's 70 degrees here in sunny Hilton Head, SC and it's supposed to stay that way for the coming week. My NYE gig tonight is my fourth for the same client - a party in a gated community's beach house for about 80 people.

This past year has been one of my best ever for gigging and the coming year looks equally promising. Have a happy!

#207084 - 12/31/04 10:15 AM Re: Happy New Year!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
For many of us, tonight is the big night when we work our butts off and perform non-stop for folks that will likely eat and drink too much as the ring in 2005.

For the past dozen or so years I've held an annual New Year's Eve bash at my home for 30 to 40 friends and a few relatives. This will will be no different. They'll be served mounds of steamed jumbo shrimp, shish-ka-bob fillet mignon with Jack Daniels sauce, Coconut shrimp with Teriyaki sauce, smoked salmon, assorted cheeses, and any beverage they desire. I'll provide the entertainment using the 3000 and Z-5500 system, and about 2 a.m. everyone will head home. I'll get to bed about 3:30 after cleaning up.

2004, however, is the last New Year's Eve party that I'm hosting. Next year, I'm gonna hop on a plane with my loving spouse of more than 4 decades and fly somewhere that's warm. I'll let someone else do the entertaining for a change, while we ring in the New Year over a tall glass of champange.

I sincerely wish to express my thanks to everyone on this wonderful forum for their help duirng the past year and wish everyone a safe and happy New Year, and a prosperous and rewarding 2005.

Gary

Sounds like a Great Party Gary....Next year, spend it here with me in sunny Cozumel Mexico
and I'll play for you in my restaurant...we are expecting around 150 good folks...you and your lovely Bride of 40 years are allways welcome...Happy New Year to Everyone
out there on all the Forums.....
Tony Rome

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 12-31-2004).]

#207085 - 12/31/04 11:07 AM Re: Happy New Year!
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
I'm heading to my NY Eve gig right now. In less than five hours, 2005 will begin in Portugal. This forum is a great place to be. Happy new year to ya all! -- José.

[This message has been edited by Route 66 (edited 12-31-2004).]

#207086 - 12/31/04 11:24 AM Re: Happy New Year!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Gary...
Next New Year's Eve I have a great gig booked and you and Carol are more than welcome to attend. You can play the breaks...unless you are really serious about not playing (sheesh, who am I kiddin'?)

Better yet, charter a jet and you can make Don's party in Louisiana, Jim's in Hitlon Head, Tony's in Cozumel and mine in Florida.

This wicked cold I got up in the Boston area is really going to put a crimp in my singing tonight...so if YOUR party ends early, c'mon down and do some vocals. Fortunately I have a female singer with me tonight.

Happy New Year to all Synthzoners.

Eddie

[This message has been edited by btweengigs (edited 12-31-2004).]

#207087 - 12/31/04 12:09 PM Re: Happy New Year!
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
to all of my friends from our synthzone site and their families ,i wish you all a very happy new year,mike

#207088 - 12/31/04 12:20 PM Re: Happy New Year!
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Happy New Year, Gary & everyone at Synth Zone.
Denny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online