SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#206011 - 04/14/02 07:20 PM R U into DVD's ?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Do much DVD-ing ? I don't ! what am i missing ......................dano

#206012 - 04/14/02 07:58 PM Re: R U into DVD's ?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Dano,
I enjoy "DVD`s" a lot ! Before DVD`s I used to buy Laser-Disc`s so for me the picture quality was not that big of a leap. But for those who have not experienced a higher resolution picture than TV (330 lines) or VHS (240 lines of res.) the jump to 480 lines is amazing! Also keep in mind that the picture is only "half the fun" the other is "sound" and with almost all DVD`s you will get 5.1 sound at the least, and now they have THX-EX which gives you 6.1 or 7.1! And then theres DTS -ES (same configuration, just more detailed sound) of course the down side of all this technology is "buck`s+space" by the time you buy a decent DVD player and an Amp or Reciv. , then you have to get speakers. And find a place to but then!! But don`t let that put you off it can all be done slowly, for example: If you already have a "stereo" then you can just "hook-up" your DVD player to the AUX.-input and then hook the dvd player to your TV and your "good-to-go" and the rest of your system can always come "a-piece-at-a-time" Happy Viewing and your missing alot without DVD`s and they have a "shelve-life" the same as "cd`s" so they shouldn`t deteriorate with age! Also there about the same price as "VHS-movies" but twice the quality plus extras
"go for it"
jedi

#206013 - 04/14/02 08:19 PM Re: R U into DVD's ?
Hau Tristan Offline

Loc: HK
Hi all,

Though this is a bit OT DVD on the arranger forum ?

Besides MIDI stuff, I have a so-called HT
www.glink.net.hk/~taiwan

P.S I am from Hong Kong but love to use the login name, Taiwan hehe

Cowby

#206014 - 04/14/02 08:31 PM Re: R U into DVD's ?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Ya` you might be right but sometimes even musicians need a break !!

#206015 - 04/16/02 07:27 AM Re: R U into DVD's ?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Do much DVD-ing ? I don't ! what am i missing ......................dano

Hi Dan,
Jedi gave you all the specs. I will tell you about the deal.
I signed up with a local San Jose, California company named Netflix. I pay $20.00 a month and I have 3 dvd movies on hand all the time. They mail them to you, you watch them and mail back. They pay the postage both ways. They have all the DVD movies. You keep you que full of what you want. you keep them as long as you want. you can sign up for more at a higher price.
The music on DVD is AWESOME! www.netflix.com
BEBOP

#206016 - 04/16/02 07:34 AM Re: R U into DVD's ?
Henry01 Offline

Loc: Dublin, California, USA
BEBOP,

You are right, Netflix got the best deal in town! They have great service too. One time a DVD disk was lost in the mail and they never questioned it. Ordering DVDs is so convenient, just click and select on their website.

Henry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online