SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#205953 - 11/27/02 02:28 PM SD1 acoustic piano sample
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I have just recorded with my SD1 the Moon River MP3 for the piano shootout and right now am sending the file to Simon. I have tried also to record the -90 and -127 walks, but got weird notes in the mid-low range, like some sort of modulation was being applied. I have then analized the midifile with Cakewalk Home Studio and found out a lot of channel aftertouch events.
I don't know if you are still interested to hear these two MP3s too and I don't want to clog Simon's website with too many files. In case you think it's important and Simon agrees, is there a way to selectively erase just the aftertouch from the midifiles without having to delete each event individually? (I know it's a dumb question, but as you know I don't use sequencers much...)
Thanks
Andrea

#205954 - 11/27/02 02:38 PM Re: SD1 acoustic piano sample
Anonymous
Unregistered

Andrea,

I got exactly the same problems with both Walk midis, as I reported in my previous post. It seems it's a Ketron singularity. I've not been able to find out the reason, so I'm also interested in knowing the answer.

-- José.

#205955 - 11/27/02 02:44 PM Re: SD1 acoustic piano sample
Dreamer Offline

José,
I am almost sure that the cause are all those aftertouch events; maybe Ketrons respond differently than Yamahas to aftertouch; in any case, there should be no aftertouch on a piano midifile.
As I wrote, I could get rid of those events one by one, but I don't know how important it can still be and I hope to get an answer to my question: how can I delete all the aftertouch events with one single action?

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 11-27-2002).]

#205956 - 11/27/02 03:29 PM Re: SD1 acoustic piano sample
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hi Andrea.

I had a lot of problems recording midi files with Ketron X1 via cakewalk.
At last I think that the easy way is to record with SD1 sequencer and to save direct
as .wav
Chico

#205957 - 11/28/02 10:33 AM Re: SD1 acoustic piano sample
Dreamer Offline

I have finally succeeded in removing all the channel aftertouch events from the midifiles and the recording this time went fine. The funny thing is that many events were on channels different from #1, yet their effect on the notes played was quite evident (the intensity of some events went up to 127, though...)
I have just emailed the MP3s to Simon and so now it's only a matter of time.

#205958 - 11/28/02 11:03 AM Re: SD1 acoustic piano sample
Anonymous
Unregistered

Andrea: can I take advantage of your laborious work and ask you to email me the midi files free from aftertouch events? They will probably sound OK in the X4 too. Thanks in advance!

-- José.

#205959 - 11/28/02 11:40 AM Re: SD1 acoustic piano sample
Dreamer Offline

José,
your wish is my command!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online