SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#205553 - 10/19/04 10:43 PM Talk, talk, talk.... Huh? ;-)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Talk, talk, talk.... How about some music?

Well it's about time!

Here is a song I just finished completing today. I am using the Tyros' Hammond X77 plus layering the Panel Gospel Organ for the melody. In the Left Hand I'm using the Tyros' Elec. Organ octaved down one for the chords plus left hand melody in parts. Also the Tyro's XG Grand Piano plus the XG Finger Bass and the Standard Drum Kit 1 are used for accompaniment.

This is an original I titled: "Because Of You".

Because Of You

PS: If you play this song through Winamp I suggest you set the EQ to "flat" because of the Bass or you may experience some unpleasant sound artifacts. Music Match Jukebox exhibits no such occurrence even with the EQ customized, i.e., adjusted to preference. If you have a Sound Blaster Live!, etc. please set the Bass within the Mixer to 50%. The Treble can be adjusted to preference but the Bass should be at default, i.e. 50% or some anomalies may occur when playing the song; again because of the Bass (Finger Bass) in the song [because of the volume level]. Sorry.... PS: You may not experience any artifacts at all regardless btw.

Best regards,
Mike

#205554 - 10/20/04 06:19 AM Re: Talk, talk, talk.... Huh? ;-)
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Very nice Mike - I really enjoyed it! It's nice to hear some more music on this forum. I wish I had time to upload some of my playing my new 3000 but I just don't have time with school and all

Keep 'em coming please!

Carrie

#205555 - 10/20/04 08:18 AM Re: Talk, talk, talk.... Huh? ;-)
Jerry Mullikin Offline

Loc: Grand Junction, CO USA
Hello Mike,

You definitely have a way with the organ sound. Very nice piece!! It has a Southern Gospel sound to it and I really like that. Sure would like to hear more from you along this line.

Jerry Mullikin

#205556 - 10/20/04 09:53 AM Re: Talk, talk, talk.... Huh? ;-)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Mike, I think this is your best song effort to date. Pretty impressive demonstration of a Tyros Organ sound. My only suggestion is that the volume of the acoustic piano auto accomp voice be reduced a bit, in order for your 'live' organ playing (melody) to 'stand out' and shine in the mix. Please keep in mind that (in most cases) the backup band's job (whether live band or auto-accompaniment keyboard) is only to provide window dressing to enhance the lead (star) performer. This is especially true when playing a keyboard arranger as auto accomp backup part style patterns, no matter how impressively sequenced, will always sound canned (& looped) to some extent. Mike, I'd love to hear your song remixed with the acoustic piano part volume reduced.

Mike. Keep up the good work. I look forward to hearing more music from you.

Scott

#205557 - 10/20/04 12:05 PM Re: Talk, talk, talk.... Huh? ;-)
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Nice job, Mike. I like the gospel feel.

IDEA: This would be a great place to have a HITS marker, as I'm sure many readers would listen but not necessarily reply. ?????

#205558 - 10/22/04 05:37 PM Re: Talk, talk, talk.... Huh? ;-)
Smurf Offline

Loc: Ohio
I like it! I agree with the Southern Gospel feel..sounds good!

#205559 - 10/22/04 09:48 PM Re: Talk, talk, talk.... Huh? ;-)
Dnj Offline

Mike....Nice organ sound and feel, good job.....I'll agree with Scott on the Volume issues....otherwise..keep em coming!

#205560 - 10/23/04 03:24 AM Re: Talk, talk, talk.... Huh? ;-)
Minimix Offline

Loc: Portugal
Finally something refreshing... and with good mood. Thanks Mike.
Apart the volume, which was mentioned before let me suggest you also to work a little bit more on timing.

Regards

#205561 - 10/23/04 05:03 AM Re: Talk, talk, talk.... Huh? ;-)
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
IDEA: This would be a great place to have a HITS marker, as I'm sure many readers would listen but not necessarily reply. ?????

Yeah, me too. I listen but not reply, unless I have some comments others haven't given yet. It's not necessary to reply, unless there is more to say then just "It's great" or "not so".
Also, there are many different ideas and skills, so it's sometimes hard to comment on the music. But I agree: let everyone at least perform. I have some difficulty finding a place to put my music on. I found a good and cheap site (20 euro per year for 100 MB), but they don't allow MP3. MIDI-files are not always an option. I have several sites but not enough room for much music. Still searching.
Anyway I uploaded something; check the Scottyee thread .
No need to reply

PS: Carrie-UK, you do owe us a Dance Hit, you know!

------------------
drdalet

[This message has been edited by drdalet (edited 10-23-2004).]

#205562 - 10/25/04 12:39 AM Re: Talk, talk, talk.... Huh? ;-)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
IDEA: This would be a great place to have a "HITS" marker, as I'm sure many readers would listen but not necessarily reply. ?????

Let's see, which one are we talking about here???

"HITS" stands for:

Hawaii Information Transfer System

Hawaiian Interisland Telecommunications System

Head Impact Telemetry System (football helmet)

Head-end in the Sky

Hierarchical Integrated Test Simulator

High Intensity Transient Signals (transcranial Doppler)

Highway In The Sky

Hobbyist's Interchange Tape Standard

Home Station Instrumentation Training System

Homicide Investigation Tracking System

Horizontal Integration Training System (US
Navy Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command)

Horse Shows in the Sun, Inc.

Horses in the Sun

Hostile Forces Integrated Targeting System

How Idiots Track Success (web slang)

Hughes Information Technology Systems

Hull Integrity Test Site chart

Human Intelligence Tasking System

Hyperbolic In-Air Tracking System

Hyperlink-Induced Topic Search

HA HA! LOL PS: I hope you're not referring to the "How Idiots Track Success" for your Acronym "HITS" marker Cass.

>> Color me dumb, but I'm not sure what you mean Cass...??? Do you mean have a thread dedicated strictly for posting music by members and keep the thread, i.e. "Topic" a web 'Link' that is accessible by clicking it and where it is always visible on the main page of the Arranger Forum? Or something similar?? Simply for the purpose of posting music? Even if that was the case I wouldn't be opposed to replying to a particular song if somebody wanted to.

Critiquing, opinions or just plain adulation can be very helpful and incisive in determining how one can improve, re-route if need be his or her musical direction, and or become even more determined, encouraged, and motivated to excel in his or her musical ability.

If you don't want to reply that's fine too. I am not offended if there is nobody that replies to a particular song of mine. Usually when nobody replies to a particular song, it raises my curiosity and makes me mull over what I might be doing wrong that causes no reponse or reaction from anybody and hopefully I can figure out what it is and improve upon it the next time or over time anyway. Even if I post a "stinker" I wouldn't mind people telling me something to that effect. Constructive criticism can, if taken in the right way, be helpful also.

I guess the real key is the word "constructive" when providing criticism of any kind though. But a reply of any kind, is in and of itself a 'marker' [indicator] to the one posting it, a measuring stick and a guideline to improve on one's own musical talent. Hopefully anyway... That is my endeavour myself.

My 2¢

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 10-25-2004).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online