SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#205187 - 10/30/03 06:32 AM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I assure you ... 8th street does NOT have them.

Sorry if I up set your day UD. I should have said that they list the PA1x. Nitice the free shipping?
Smokey

#205188 - 10/30/03 07:33 AM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The PA1X does include a Hard Drive. It is not an option but rather standard equipment and the price has been posted by Korg USA here in the US. What I've posted is Korg's Retail and MAP price. Usually, the selling price is Korg's MAP price.
There are no PA1X keyboards available yet. Stores with mailers and internet sites have started listing the keyboards but they have nothing available yet.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#205189 - 10/30/03 07:40 AM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
PA1X. I have play it and spent 7 days at the Keyboard Festival UK. That's enough time to say this is possibly the best arranger available this year.

Regarding price. Like for like option wise its the same price as a Tyros £2600 UK pounds without hard drive. With excellent firm feel 76 keys.
Allot of the Voicing is up to the quality of the Yamaha Mega voices. Trumpet roll off with aftertouch. Trombone bend with aftertough...and these can be easily be played live unlike the Tyros Mega voices.
All you sceptics are going to be blown away....Ha!!!!!

Graham

#205190 - 10/30/03 08:03 AM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
The PA1X does include a Hard Drive. It is not an option but rather standard equipment and the price has been posted by Korg USA here in the US. What I've posted is Korg's Retail and MAP price. Usually, the selling price is Korg's MAP price.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

Thanks for the update George. I'm befuddled as to why Korg does not talk about a Hard Drive for the Pa1xpro on their website. I went through the feature list and I saw no mention of a Hard Drive at all.

Okay, scratch one of those negatives off the list. For now anyway.

Best regards,
Mike

#205191 - 10/30/03 08:24 AM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Graham UK:
[B]PA1X. I have play it and spent 7 days at the Keyboard Festival UK. That's enough time to say this is possibly the best arranger available this year.

>Graham; I have to point out to you that there's not a Pa1xpro to be found anywhere. If it makes it to the market BEFORE December 31, 2003 it could in 'theory' be as you say but only time and in depth scrutinizing will determine that fact by experts in their field (no harm intended as to your judgement of the Pa1xPro). And the adulation and awards would not take place for some time yet, and possibly not at all. It could be the best Arranger for '2004' though if it turns out to be all that it's cracked up to be. I'm sure Yamaha is anxiously awaiting its arrival too. Which, when it does arrive, will give them the fuel to design yet another cutting edge Arranger Keyboard - Possibly a Tyros Pro 76 Key? But that would only happen IF and only if the Korg is a Tyros killer imo.

Regarding price. Like for like option wise its the same price as a Tyros £2600 UK pounds without hard drive. With excellent firm feel 76 keys.
Allot of the Voicing is up to the quality of the Yamaha Mega voices. Trumpet roll off with aftertouch. Trombone bend with aftertough...and these can be easily be played live unlike the Tyros Mega voices.
All you sceptics are going to be blown away....Ha!!!!!

>The Pa1xpro the same price as the Tyros? Man, you do have connections Graham! Ha! If that's the case for the general UK public that is good news indeed.

We here in the States will have to fork over much more than the same price as the Tyros I'm afraid.

But I guess the Tyros price in the UK is sky high also. It is comforting to know that you will get 76 Keys, Sampling, and Expansion capability with the Korg Pa1xpro though.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online