SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#205177 - 10/29/03 01:27 PM PA1X pro in US ?
Danny D Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hi,

I would like to know when is it availabe in the US music stores ? Does anyone know the price range for this new gear ? I can't wait to hear it is cheaper than the Tyro !!! :-)

#205178 - 10/29/03 02:02 PM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
It won't be cheaper than the Tyros.
Starkeeper

#205179 - 10/29/03 05:59 PM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I am a Korg dealer in California. the retail price for the PA1X as suggested by Korg USA is $4500.00 and the MAP price (minimum advertized) is $3495.00. Shipment is expected sometime in November, but this could be subject to change.
George Kaye
kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#205180 - 10/29/03 07:18 PM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
Sweetwater.com has them now at $3400
Smokey

#205181 - 10/29/03 08:26 PM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
Danny D Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
What ?
Damn it. The price is ridiculous.
Korg can't sale it until they drop down at +/- $2700 ! Let's wait & see

#205182 - 10/29/03 11:21 PM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey:
Sweetwater.com has them now at $3400
Smokey

You can bet that after you've paid sales tax, shipping, VAT fee (where applicable), money for Sampling RAM, CDR Drive, Expansion Boards, Cables, Pedals, Stands, Stools, and even the Vocalizer upgrade, you will be looking at a cool 4 grand and then some IMO. Besides that, there is NO Hard Drive capability on the Pa1x/Pro, the Sampling is only up to 32mb's [SIMMS], and the Polyphony is just a measly 62 notes. Who's eyes are they trying to pull the wool over! Not mine that's for sure. Sorry Graham!

Best regards,
Mike

PS: I hope you have skinny fingers because you're going to need them to push those narrow bunched together small buttons on it with any accuracy.

#205183 - 10/30/03 12:10 AM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Isn't it a little bit early to eulogize and criticize this thing when it hasn't even been released in many parts of the world yet ? Few of us have laid eyes on it or touched one, except maybe the lucky ones who got see it at NAMM or might by now have gotten to purchase an early release version outside of the US.

Yes it is expensive. Just like the non speaker 76 key 9000 pro was. That's the price we pay or choose not to pay for top notch quality. Whether the PA1x pro is top quality is yet to be determined, but I think it's hard to say before you see one. I believe that the 61 key speaker version will be somewhat if not considerably less expensive, and although I've read statements to the contrary by people who want to speculate, Korg has NOT said it won't be released here in the states. In fact, one of their reps confirmed on another forum that it indeed will be released here, but some time after the PA1x pro debuts.

I keep seeing a lot of hype and fretting about this 62 notes of polyphony deal, yet I can assure you I have NEVER audibly run out of notes on my PA80 to this day after 2 and a half years of playing it. Any other PA80 users out there have problems with note drop offs ? It's all in how it's allocated. I can have up to 4 parts ( samples ) to a user voice or preset voice and each note I play, regardless of the amount of samples used, counts as one unit of poly. Try that ( layered voices ) on a 64 poly Motif or PSR ( I know .. you can't layer more than 2 voices on a PSR ) and see how fast you can run out. I've run both of those boards out of notes easily many times over.

It's ok to speculate and if you don't like board because of the specs or price or whatever.. great, but I don't think anyone has proven to this point that korg is trying to pull the wool over our eyes, well at least not mine anyway. Actually, the last demo has me very interested. In the end, what matters is how I like the board, sounds, interface styles, etc etc.. once it's in my hands, whether or not I can play the thing ( I'm guessing I probably can.. unless they've invented some new style of keys I don't know about ), and what my hands can make it sound like and do when I have it live and in my face. It is very expensive and I may determine ( as I did with the 9000 and 9000 pro ) that it's a great board but isn't worth to ME what the asking price is. Then I may or may not go to the Tyros, which I think is worth the price ( again for me )

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 10-30-2003).]

#205184 - 10/30/03 05:05 AM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guys, in all fairness.

There’s absolutely no point in this thread since the Pa1X is not even released. Nobody actually knows the exact price either. So relax, wait, and see what happens.

Also, why is it that most of you are comparing this to a Tyros price tag ?.

The Tyros is more or less a preset machine with very limited user memory, no sampling abilities at all, no digital output, no touch screen, no TC Helicon,….the list goes on… so yeah, no wonder the Tyros is so cheap.

Regards.
James.

#205185 - 10/30/03 05:39 AM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
8thstreet music has them at 3499 with hard drive.
Smokey

#205186 - 10/30/03 05:43 AM Re: PA1X pro in US ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I assure you ... 8th street does NOT have them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online