SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#205152 - 02/17/03 01:11 PM new age type styles for arrangers
visions Offline

Loc: round hill, va usa
does anyone know which styles (drum patterns) would be good for new age type styles (enigma, enya, etc...) i'm not too familar with drum patches or styles or arrangers, but there seem to be a lot of other styles- i think i should be able to program some drum styles (perhaps this is what the multipads are for???) can i just play the drums into some styles??? am i way out there???
also does anyone know what the freeze button is for?

#205153 - 02/17/03 03:10 PM Re: new age type styles for arrangers
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
The Tyros has some good New Age styles in the Ballad group (Acoustic Ballad, Analog Ballad, Pop New Age, etc).
Basically they all have a tempo around 80 bpm and some kind of pad in one of the rhytm tracks (having another pad sound assigned to the left hand helps too).
Finally, the lead instruments assigned to the right hand are usually of the smooth, breathing type (like a Pan flute, maybe layered with strings or a D50 kind of sound).

The freeze function (which can be accessed in the "Function" menu) determines which parameters will not change when you switch from one registration to another. The parameters that can be "frozen" are: Accompaniment, Voice, Tune Transpose, Scale, Harmony, Tempo, Controller, Multi pad, Song and Mic).

#205154 - 02/17/03 04:12 PM Re: new age type styles for arrangers
visions Offline

Loc: round hill, va usa
thanks!!!!!!! i have a 9000pro and will ck out the ballads and reassigning the voices in the rythym tracks-
thanks for the info!!
how do you like your tyros?

take care,
shara

#205155 - 02/18/03 11:48 AM Re: new age type styles for arrangers
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Shara,
I have, like you, a 9000 pro and am not planning to buy a Tyros, especially because the styles I was talking about can easily be tweaked for the 9000 as well (exception: the tracks using the Megavoices guitars...)
How is your kitten doing?
Andrea

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online