SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#204821 - 08/05/03 09:53 AM Yamaha piano
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Hi all,

This is a little off-topic but i thought i'd get some better opinions here.
Has anyone ever played a Yamaha GA1E baby grand ? If so, I'd like to get some feedbacks. How is the sound compared to the GC1 ? and is the GC1 just another version of the C1 ?
I'm planning on getting a baby grand but would like to get some different opinions.
Thanks.

Claude

#204822 - 08/05/03 04:01 PM Re: Yamaha piano
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by wizboy:
Hi all,

This is a little off-topic but i thought i'd get some better opinions here.
Has anyone ever played a Yamaha GA1E baby grand ? If so, I'd like to get some feedbacks. How is the sound compared to the GC1 ? and is the GC1 just another version of the C1 ?
I'm planning on getting a baby grand but would like to get some different opinions.
Thanks.

Claude

Hi Claude ,

I think the GA1 is accually 4'11" , making it smaller than a GC1 or C1 which is 5'3" . Either way, there are a few things that can help you .

#1. Yamaha Grands that have a spade leg are more expensive vs. the ones with a tapered leg . Look at the pictures and the legs can tell you the price points .

#2. The C1 has duplex scaling and a nicer tone . The C1 is more of an instrument than the other piano's mentioned .

Dano

#204823 - 08/05/03 08:14 PM Re: Yamaha piano
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
In my very humble opinion, I believe that Yamaha Pianos are ones of the very best. I never played a yamaha piano that was not excellent.

#204824 - 08/06/03 02:53 PM Re: Yamaha piano
benthepianoboy Offline

Loc: Sacramento Ca
The G series are made in Indonesia. The C series are made in Japan. The GC1 is NOT a C series piano. Basically, your Ga1 is a petite baby grand made in Indonesia. It is comparable to every other Cheap Asian piano out there except it says Yamaha on it.... you should buy one new for around $5,500 give or take a couple hundred.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online