SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#204363 - 06/26/05 11:42 AM Z5500 replacement came..HELP!
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Hi:
Logitech finally got the new Z5500's from the factory, and as promised sent me a complete new unit by air.
Looks identical to the old except they changed all speaker cables to banana clips and sent 5 sets of wires with the ends tinned with solder and positive wire marked.

I'm having a problem with the volume, the old one took the signal from the mains on my 9k and seemed to match up with what everyone else seemed to be using ie sub set at about 4, center at max and sats at max, and it was very loud, the new one dos'nt reach that volume until boost 10.
I ran the eq vol up to almost max on the keyboard, and with the keyboard vol control set at about 50% it borders on too much for the onboards, and still the boost has to be at 6 on the logitech.

I had a midi someone had made with high volume and played it thru the system and cranked the boost and the logitech really pump the volume, but sorta seems like it needs a pre/amp or something.

I need help here, cause I don't know what I'm doing, or if the new one is defective, I plan on calling tech support at logitech tomorrow when they're open, but would appreciate any chit/chat on this subject, that could be of some help.

Just about had it with electronic gadgets. Now my computer is acting up.......Pose

#204364 - 06/26/05 12:31 PM Re: Z5500 replacement came..HELP!
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Is your back switch on direct,and effect on"PL11 Movie ? Input on the Note at the remote ?
Bernie

#204365 - 06/26/05 03:04 PM Re: Z5500 replacement came..HELP!
loungelyzard Offline

Bernie9:

Back switch on direct, input plugged into musical note, but if I use pl11 movie the center channel dos'nt work, (and not much volume) using pl11 music everything works, just no volume. .......???.....Pose

#204366 - 06/26/05 03:39 PM Re: Z5500 replacement came..HELP!
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Pose
You got me now.Maybe Gary will chime in.
Bernie

#204367 - 06/26/05 05:29 PM Re: Z5500 replacement came..HELP!
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Pose,

They sent you the wrong stuff. The cables they sent were for another system, and for the life of me I cannot recall which system uses this one.

Call the service department on the phone, tell them what you recieved and they'll send you the correct equipment.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#204368 - 06/27/05 05:21 AM Re: Z5500 replacement came..HELP!

Pose,

I believe they sent you one of the old, orriginal Z-5500 systems--not the new, updated model. The old system was primarily for permanent installation, and if I recall correctly, was for someone to set up in their living room or den with a surround-sound TV. The newer one, just as your orriginal system, replaced the one with bannana clips and tinned wires. I would be on the phone to them ASAP.

Gary

#204369 - 06/27/05 08:25 AM Re: Z5500 replacement came..HELP!
loungelyzard Offline

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Problem turned out to be caused by a old man not using his glasses in dim light. (Color me RED)

There's 10 wire's plugged into a small space of about 1"X 2" had two upside down, changed the positive to neg. causing 2 speakers to be connected backwards.

A friend of mine called last evening and wanted to leave his van full of equipment (for security) while they take a couple weeks break and go to Alaska fishing. I mentioned my problem, he was here in a flash, 10 minutes later we were jamming on the new Z5500. He also reccommended that I toss the wires that came with the new Z5500, and buy a coil of Monster cable, and some pins and build 5 sets of speaker cables all exactly the same length.

I sure Thank you guys for the quick response and help, and sorry for the false alarm. If you're ever this way, I'll BBQ you a steak dinner.

Dim eyed friend.........Pose

Ps: A tidbit that I find amusing, this Friend works music full time as a duo, and both sequence their music using a old Atari that they've been doing for years, takes hours to build the songs from scratch. I let him hear about a half dozen styles of driving background on the Yamaha just going thru intro's var's breaks endings, blew him away, for basics to build on, but he said there was no way he could play the styles and rework them, so I quick recorded 6 of them just pushing the style buttons, and Wah La he had his midi. Boy was he impressed with the Yammi. He left here about 1:30 am, and I'm bettin he's still working on new numbers at home......Pose

#204370 - 06/27/05 09:56 AM Re: Z5500 replacement came..HELP!

Pose,

I like my steak well done, smothered in sauteed mushrooms and onions and sprikled with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Glad the problem has been solved.

Gary

#204371 - 06/27/05 12:24 PM Re: Z5500 replacement came..HELP!
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Pose,
I like my steak well done, smothered in sauteed mushrooms and onions and sprikled with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Glad the problem has been solved.
Gary

WELL DONE ?!?!? ...Pose, if Gary's going to ruin a steak like that, give him a bologna sandwich and send him on his way.
t.

#204372 - 06/27/05 03:05 PM Re: Z5500 replacement came..HELP!
loungelyzard Offline

Gary:

You want to eat it here, Or shall I just mail'r to you......UPS Ground..

Tony:
I guess most like their's med/rare But being raised on a farm and spending a lot of time butchering what we raised, I was taught by my Dad (who would be 111 years old if he was still around) " if you raise it you can eat it raw, if someone else raised it you burn it" I guess even in those times you had to be careful of disease in livestock. I eat mine well charcoaled coated, with nothing but salt and pepper. and prefer mexican red beef right off the range thats never tasted any kind of grain. (tough, you betcha, but GOOOD)....LOL.............Pose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online