SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#203366 - 11/17/05 08:27 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Bebop,

There is a way to reduce the security of Outlook (through a registry hack) that will allow the access of executable files. The .exe file is there, it's just being blocked right now.

I'll post the instructions straight up and let you decide if you want to proceed.

Using Regedit, navigate to the following key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security

HCKU = HKEY_CURRENT_USER and I'm using Office 2003 so that's '11.0'. Yours could be different.

In the Security key, you'll need to create a new String Value called; "Level1Remove" (without the quotes)(that's a number one). The data to enter in this new string value should look like this;

.exe;.ini;.url;

And so on. Semi-colons to separate, no spaces.

I know that's technical and if all this appears to be gibberish, don't attempt it. I can always send you a *.reg file for you to enter but I would need more info about your config.

-mike

#203367 - 11/17/05 09:36 AM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Bill
Not sure how it works in the States but here in the UK you can also access your emails by going direct to the ISPs Web Site, which should then allow you to download the Attachment.
I would also recommend that you set Outlook to leave messages on the server for a few days, so that if you find Outlook will not download it, the email will still be on the server.
Another option is to set up a Web email account, such as Hotmail or Yahoo etc, and then just keep it for people who need to send you attachments.
Finally did you remove the Yamaha driver, disable the Technics driver (Rather then uninstall it) and then reload the Yamaha driver.
Oh and while I think about it, do not forget to Create a System Restore point and/or Backup the Registry before doing any modifications.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#203368 - 11/17/05 07:27 PM Re: Unable to Install Tyros 2 Midi-USB Driver in Computer
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI MIKE and Bill,
Yes Mike I can hack the registry and thanks for that info.
I was not in the studio today due to time constraints. We are getting ready to leave in the motorhome for a trip over thanksgiving and losts of home chores have to be done before leaving and they have priority over getting this driver working.
I got a letter from Yam service today with the USB mid driver version 2.1.6 correctly attached and a note that the problem is in my comuter and not in the driver.
I just need a new computer, thats all
thanks guys,
Best to you all,
Happy Thanksgiving to you all also.
Bebop

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online