SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20256 - 10/24/05 08:12 PM midi ??? K2vx to PODxtLive
Van Johnson Offline

Loc: Racine, Ohio USA
I now have a POD xtLive & want to use it for my guitar sounds.
I haven't used my K2vx for a few years so I'm rusty. How do I just set up for just certain midi info to get to my POD?

#20257 - 10/25/05 07:03 AM Re: midi ??? K2vx to PODxtLive
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hello, Van Johnson!

What is K2vx?? And what do you want to do exactly with your POD?

I've got a POD V2.0 (the small brother of yours). I'm using the Line6 midi editor for Win2k and an USB/midi converter to control my POD. This is a special midi line in my studio which isn't connected to my main midi line where my Kurz's K2k is connected to. But this controller is good for backing up your sound library. It's not easy to handle in life situations!!!
The POD usually will be controlled by a foot controller called "Floorbaord FBV". Without that thing you won't get your cool VOX wahwah effect.

If you plan to switch between two effects while playing the POD then be careful because the POD uses an effect algorithm powered by a DSP chip which can cause heavy unfitting sound effects while switching from one sound to the other. Another problem of the modern digital technologies...

But it's possible to change effect parameters of ONE effect algorithm in real time via midi control. I didn't do so because I'm a guitarist for myself. I want to control my effects in relation to my guitar playing only. So, I'm using my fingers or that little Floorboard...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#20258 - 10/25/05 07:40 AM Re: midi ??? K2vx to PODxtLive
Van Johnson Offline

Loc: Racine, Ohio USA
I do a SOLO act & I use a Kurweil K2vx keyboard to play my midi files. I go back & forth playing guitar & keys. But I want to let's say track 6, program 74 to midi to my POD & play the guitar on it.
Like I say it's been awhile but things are coming back to me but I never did use my midi for anything. the Line 6 is awesome.
Thanks for your time.
VJ

#20259 - 10/25/05 08:04 AM Re: midi ??? K2vx to PODxtLive
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hmm, I think you'll have to setup a midi page on your POD (likewise you have to do it for some synths). A midi controller usually sends 7 bit parameters (value #0...127). So, you should be able to manage up to 128 effects with program change parameters.
Regards, Danny

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online