SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20245 - 07/07/05 01:34 PM Foot Control Advance K2600
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am having difficulty in assigning a foot control pedal to advance through created series of sounds (200, 201, 202, etc..) I know this should be obvious...BUT...

Thanks for your help.

------------------
Piano64

#20246 - 07/08/05 02:21 PM Re: Foot Control Advance K2600
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hello, Piano64!

I'm using a K2000! So, I don't really know if I can help you. In my K2000 I have several controller settings like Breath (breath control) or Foot (foot switch). If you want to use a foot switch for the sound on this midi channel than you'll have to set this controller for the filter you want to control. On your K2600 it should be the same procedure like setting a Mwheel (modulation wheel) or Pitch (pitch bend).
Good luck!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#20247 - 07/09/05 01:04 PM Re: Foot Control Advance K2600
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff:
Hello, Piano64!

I'm using a K2000! So, I don't really know if I can help you. In my K2000 I have several controller settings like Breath (breath control) or Foot (foot switch). If you want to use a foot switch for the sound on this midi channel than you'll have to set this controller for the filter you want to control. On your K2600 it should be the same procedure like setting a Mwheel (modulation wheel) or Pitch (pitch bend).
Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! Maybe I don't know what I'm doing. The manual is certainly no help. I am trying to create a series of sounds. I would like to have 200 be piano and strings, then 201 be guitar and then 203 be something different. Then I would like to be able to move through these preset #'s without have to click on the cursor buttons. Ideally, it will be a foot pedal. Is this possible?

Kevin

#20248 - 07/11/05 05:50 PM Re: Foot Control Advance K2600
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hello again!

If I understand you right then you want to switch between your different sounds. Well, I think you're looking for something like a program change. Wow, I didn't use that controller for my Kurz since I know that I would have to create my own midi table for that. I'm using the program change parameters to control my old Yamaha V-50 (this old kb only have 100 sounds per bank).
The program change control only supports 128 addresses (from 0 to 127) but the Kurz has 200 presets. So, a midi table has to be defined for translating the program change address into the real sound address in the Kurz.

If you want to use a pedal for it then you have to define it as a program change controller (the midi pedal has to send on the right controller channel). But I think that a pedal won't give you a secure control.
Maybe you'll need something like a guitar effect pedal where you can switch a choosen number and then go with it by kicking the send button. But I don't really know if it works...

Another way to change sounds is by using the program change parameter in a sequencer program. Their controllers are much more flexible than pedals. This works fine in a studio but it isn't the hit for life gigging.

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online