Peirce,
I had never even heard of your board before today, not unusual seeing my instrument knowledge is extremely limited now. I've played Rolands and Yamahas throughout the years, mainly because that's all the stores around here carried. It has been merely a hobby of mine (playing the piano that is) But now, as I attempt to educate myself, I'm finding many more keyboards and modules and whiz bangers and sequencers and gadzooks man...the list is endless. I'm with Uncle Dave though. The technology is so great these days (although you still need to know how to play and entertain)that the sounds and action is incredible compared to older boards. The beauty is, the price is relatively cheap too. I have an old Roland KR 500. We were setting up our new sound system at the church, and all I had that day was the old board. The technician was blown away by the piano sound that old board put out. He came back 2 months later when we had the Yamaha Clavinova CP-107. He thought that was top notch. That board costs $9,000. Granted, it has many bells and whistles, but I'm here to tell you, the newer digital boards make that sound like a toy piano (perhaps overstated abit), and for one tenth the cost. And the Hammer action is all there too. Technology is a wonderful thing for us as musicians....at least as far as the sounds we can re-produce with portable gear, at an affordable price...Anyhow, thanks for the input..Merry Christmas!!!

[This message has been edited by B2 (edited 12-19-2001).]