SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#200958 - 04/09/02 07:12 PM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I saw the Genesys at NAMM in California .
It's a BIG keyboard . VERY BIG !

dano

#200959 - 04/09/02 08:00 PM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Maximo:
Yes it is an arranger with 200 styles.
But it's ugly, very ugly.
I'm wondering if amongst all the things it does at GEM are trying to figure it out how can this Genesys can make coffee too.
Come on, it's a ripped off KB a bit from Korg, a bit from Yamaha, a bit from Roland thats why it's so ugly and the sounds God knows how it will sound. It's to havy even to just take it home from the KB shop! Sorry I didn't meant to be mean and I don't want to offend GEM players or whoever likes the GEM styles and sounds, I'll be waiting maybe 10 more years before I'll consider to buy a GEM keybord, maybe by that time will be slimmer and lighter and it will contain something not ripped off from other keyboards.

Maximo

Reagrding your comments about New Yorker's opinion...
Sounds a lot like the pot calling the kettle black...IMHO...

#200960 - 04/10/02 08:10 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Guys, thanks for supporting me here, but you need to ignore Maximo and talk on the subject, which is Genesys. I don't care what he thinks or his nephew's opinion on a keyboard. Looks someome need professional help in a few areas. Anyway:

The point here is:

1. There are people who do NOT need CD burner in arranger, 'cause they have it already and it pointless to pay for some xtra features that you don't need.
2. Bulky and heavy? Well, I think Genesys was developed toward studio musicians. Simple as that.
3. It is 21st century now (hello???), it's about time to have 128 polyphony as a standard on all PRO arrangers.

------------------
New Yorker

#200961 - 04/10/02 09:52 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
Maximo Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
The last few message were exactly what I was expectecting from you guys.

Everyone helped New Yorker, because is a friend and let's just give back some Sh*t to Maximo, isn't the way how everything works in this forum?

You guys didn't get my point. Oh well!

If you didn't care about my opinion you shouldn't even answer in the first place.
That to me already means that I was right with what I wrote at least for some part.

It's so easy when everyone agree to a sobject, what I was trying to do is make the conversation a little more spycie.

Maximo

#200962 - 04/10/02 10:30 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just comment (speculate) on the keyboard and leave personal attacks for lesser individuals. I think the keyboard is too heavy for me, but there would be no way to make an objective decision without seeing and personally playing the finished product.
I don't care if one person thinks it's ugly, or another person doesn't need the CD burner, but I respect each of their rights to say so, if they feel the need to.
This forum is for helping each other understand and appreciate arranger keyboards, not for personal criticism of others. That's one thing that's always make it unique, and I for one want to see it remain the exception that it is.
DonM

#200963 - 04/11/02 01:38 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
BlueSuede Offline

DonM; Amen!

Regards, Michael

#200964 - 04/11/02 09:00 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
optinone Offline

Loc: St. Cloud, MN USA
Hey, Id never buy this thing in a million years. It has built in speakers, why waste space on a synth for speakers, when im just gonna blow em out anyway? Polyphony... My synth is only 10 voices, and i can garenttee it sounds better, has better bass, easier to synthesize, and doesn't even have built in speakers. I might not be able to bust out 128 different notes at once, but who wants to clog up sound space with so much $h*t anyways. Don't waste your time with Arranger KBs.
As for the Italians, they don't know Jack when it comes to electronics, does anyone remember the OB-12? yeah they might have a rich legacy of talented artist in italy, but they can't design a good sounding synth.

#200965 - 04/11/02 09:41 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by optinone:
Don't waste your time with Arranger KBs.

I am afraid that you are on the wrong Forum.
Andrea
(italian and proud to be one)

#200966 - 04/11/02 09:41 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
It appears that another poor misguided soul has mistakenly wandered into the forum and is doing a perfect imitation of a deer stuck in the headlights.

#200967 - 04/11/02 10:07 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Optinone: This forum is for grown-ups. It is for people who can read the title "Arranger Keyboard Forum".
We are always glad to have new people, but if you can't contribute something positive, just read the posts, shake your head, and say to yourself "those poor, ignorant, misguided souls".
DonM

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online