SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >
Topic Options
#200730 - 07/08/06 09:34 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Following these posts on the Zone, I just can't understand why Yamaha's last 76-er was the 9000 pro.

Clearly the desire for a 76 key Tyros is there. As keybplayer stated, if Roland can make the Fantom X7 at only 32 lbs, Yamaha can certainly make a 76 key Tyros and keep its weight down too.

I'll say this though, if Yammie adds the extra keys (just by the price history), I wouldn't be shocked if they jumped that price up by several hundred dollars.

Here's what I don't understand. Look at the Korg PA1X Pro's price compared to the Tyros 2. The online price for these models is a difference of what $100.00? The PA1X Pro, gives you 76 keys, and a touch color screen (of course touch screen navigation works for some and not others), but $100.00 Difference and the Korg has 76 keys.

There's no excuse for Yammie to not include 76 keys on a future Tyros. They're building them cheaper, using lower quality parts yet still asking the high price.

It's time for Yamaha to release a 76 key pro arranger, and KEEP THE PRICE WITHIN REASON.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#200731 - 07/08/06 10:11 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
A Midi 2 Styles converter EASY to use, a better choir section, the current sounds very outdated in comparation to other sections (S.A., Mega), either a interpreter to READ/WRITE any STLYE format.....even a faster procesor, I notice a lag when changing registrations that contain a diferent style also that if you are holding a note( with a sustaining sound ), and change registration, a big volume "Bump" is heard, in the 9000 Pro the same scenario works perfect, only when you RE-STRIKE the keys, the new sound is heard.......please fix that.
Perhaps an output for a mouse to scroll some of the more and NEW features, making very simple to use, like the copy-paste-cut-etc....

#200732 - 07/08/06 10:17 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Esh wrote "But for Yamaha to listen to American consumers about anything is such a stretch... "

A friend of mine who works for a Japaneese car manufacture agrees with you. He says that they really do not care much for American opinions.

We Americans like to think of the US as the "center of the universe" for many thinks, including our keyboards. My guess is that Yamaha does not think so and they look at their market research data and prior sales trends to determine future products. That's not to say that they don't survey and interview people in the US. I know that George Kaye said Yamaha reps from Japan came to his store for input. Ultimately, we can dream and pontificate all we want but I don't think our posts have much sway in Japan. I hope I am 76 keys wrong.

#200733 - 07/09/06 05:47 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertG:
I know that George Kaye said Yamaha reps from Japan came to his store for input. Ultimately, we can dream and pontificate all we want but I don't think our posts have much sway in Japan. I hope I am 76 keys wrong.

I think you are right in that we don't hold much sway. But I think we hold a little. There have been changes and improvements that I believe are directly related to sites like this one. We told Yamaha about the 'cheesiness' of their key feel on their mid-range Boards and they have actually improved things a bit with the PSR 3000. And although the Tyros' key feel in my opinion is quite acceptable, especially when compared to a PSR 2000 etc., Yamaha has made inroads with the Tyros2' keybed in that it is more suited for 'piano' playing with a little stiffer feel and action. Although I have to admit that if you have primarily an Organist background then the original Tyros' keybed may actually suit you better.

But the point is Yamaha is trying to change their image of toyish cheesiness that is often associated with their Arranger keybeds (and keyboards) to more of one of professionalism and I commend them for that. I think another reason they are improving their keybed action is because of the competition like the Korg Pa1XPRO and the Roland G70, etc. If they fall behind the competition in important areas then they will start to lose marketshare. And I don't think they want to do that.

Another thing they listened to was people's request for a Sampler on the Tyros2. Although, as we know, the Tyros2's Sampler is not a real Sampler but only a Sample 'player'. There is no editing of Samples or other intricate Sampler features like there is on, for example, the Motif ES' 'real' Sampler. But it is a start nonetheless.

The Music Finder has been improved on the T2, no doubt from input they read from the Synthzone or other Arranger sites scattered around the internet. BUT this is a case where we didn't get our full wishes realized (same with the Sampler) since the T2's Music Finder still doesn't do some of the things that people asked Yamaha to implement for it. Hopefully with the T3 they will get it right. Although Yamaha through an OS update could add the missing features if they wanted to. My guess is that they will wait for the T3 (or T4, etc.) instead of providing it through an OS update because that way they will get more T2 owners and others who want the latest greatest to upgrade to a T3/T4 which is more money to line their (Yamaha's) pockets. OS updates use up R&D financial resources and is in my opinion why Yamaha seems to be so meager when it comes to supporting their Keyboard products. They don't want to spend the time and money to further enhance their products beyond what is absolutely necessary e.g. "bugs" etc., and instead relegate enhancements and other improvements to the next model. In fact all the incremental improvements from one model to the next are all ways that a manufacturer uses to entice people to upgrade and buy their 'newest' creation. Everybody knows they do that. It's all about marketing and money unfortunately. With some companies the customer is way down on the rung when it comes to the order of importance. They put the "carrot in front of you" hoping to keep you interested and loyal to their product line, offering just enough of what it takes to do so but in many instances don't lift a finger beyond that.

I know I'm digressing here a bit but the gist of the matter is manufacturers HAVE and DO listen to the public's input and suggestions. If they didn't do so, at least to an extent, they would lose touch with the very people with whom they are trying to reach to buy their products. If they lose touch then they would obviously over time lose marketshare and of course the revenue that goes along with it. And that could spell disaster to a companies very survival. If they don't try and satisfy their customer's needs they must know that there is someone out there who will. To not do so would be like rolling dice; a risk that no reputable company intent on surviving and thriving should consider taking in my opinion.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-09-2006).]

#200734 - 07/09/06 07:47 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Wow, Mike(keybplayer)....what a great post.

Very well spoken and right on the mark.

Ian

#200735 - 07/10/06 06:38 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
robkeith1 Offline

If Korg as I expect are going to release a 76 key semi arranger with all new bells and whistles, and also thinking that i dont believe yamaha will go the 76 even for T3, I think its back to the Korg I go. I have enjoyed the T2 for many reasons but the issues mentioned in all the posts I am unhappy with, and i'm disappointed that there has only been 1 firmware upgrade so far

#200736 - 08/13/06 08:19 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Dnj Offline

Now that my G70 is gone......there is a feature I really enjoy using with it & hope some form of it is incorporated into future Tyros units or for that matter all arranger units......With the G70 makeup tools I was able to take a Drum track & Totally dissect it and was able to change "EACH DRUM PART" eg: Snare, Cymbal, Bass Drum, etc etc ...individually allowing to you create a new CUSTOM DRUM SET within that song or style......this is a critical feature in obtaining the correct drum mix in a song...something I with my T2 & other Yammy units......even my old KORG M1, i3 had a version of this feature....just another "WISH"

#200737 - 08/13/06 09:41 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
MrEd Offline

With 76 keys, i'd like another split point to assign an octave to a different voice.
I would use it for real-time answering parts to the lead voice. It would need to be independent of the sustain that is being used on the lead voice. So my 3-split setup might be bass, sax (with sustain pedal), piano (no effect from sax sustain).

I like to see surface-mounted volume/equalizer controls added to tweak the saved settings that are down in the menu.

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 08-13-2006).]

#200738 - 08/13/06 09:50 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Dnj Offline

Ed good points ......another thing I would enjoy is to be able to "SAVE" Live Real Time EDITS to Styles & SMF On the Fly with no disruption in playing.....
also have "TWO" Stereo MIC INPUTS for a guest mic.

#200739 - 08/13/06 10:48 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Now that my G70 is gone......

"Johnny...er, G70, we hardly knew ye".

chas

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online