Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#200143 - 04/14/02 08:54 AM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
Mosiqaar
The Fender Px2200 series mixers schematics/owners manual are available at-
http://www.mrgearhead.net/faq/servicefaq.html

With your Fender mixer cover removed, tilt the mixer 45 degrees and you will see a slot on each side of the outer case, between the mixer and the amp. Slide the cover into these two slots-this now becomes the 'support'for a 'table'. The frame & the cover now become an 'X' shaped table for the mixer. Neat rig-just heavy as Uncle Dave has said. With regard to your 'extra' amp. Once you figure out the switching (in's and out's
of your mixer board)You could (a)-Switch in this amp for one of your Fender amps-if you had a failure. (b) Purchase a couple of good
monitor speakers for your 'extra' amp to have extra monitor coverage on a wide stage.(c)Use a line out on the mixer to feed the 'Extra' amp-feeding a couple of 'extra' PA speakers-for wider PA coverage (works ok if you have to set up on the side of a long room).Correction-try this site http://www.mrgearhead.net/faq/manuals.html

[This message has been edited by Gord (edited 04-14-2002).]

#200144 - 04/16/02 07:32 PM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Thanks UD and Gord, for the explanations.

Gord, that would be cool if I can stand that mixer on its own, cause right now I am using one of my keyboard (quick lock, double tear) stands, and that was the one I used for gigs. Now I am taking out my ultimate, which is heavier to carry around.

One note, it turns out the power amp that has the A and B, is actually 600W per channel a total of 1200W (I was excited to read that on the back of my amp).
Also my powered monitor is 300W, and I think the QSC amp is like 200W per channel (not sure about that yet).

I hooked up the powered monitor and it works fine.
I have also been able to use the effects processors with my mic.
I guess I will purchase that manual and figure it all out the right way.

Thank you all for the help.

#200145 - 04/18/02 03:36 AM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Gord, I want to say thanks...I was able to do what you said concerning using the cover as a stand for the mixer, and it really looks cool. Thanks alot. Now I can use my keyboard stand for my keyboard again .

You seem to know exactly what I have, do you?

#200146 - 04/18/02 10:15 AM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
Hi Mosiqaar
A group I've been involved with used either the same board -or some model close to yours.
It had an intermittent on one amp. Because I am a Electronic Tech., I took it home to check out the problem. When I lifted the mixer out of its case, I noticed a clip-in fuse in the power supply section had one end of it just resting on the fuse holder. I snapped it back in-end of intermittent problem. When I was working on it, I recall the multi-pair cable running in the outer case to the power amp. Thats why you can't see the connection between the mixer and the power amp. When we went to a hall for set up,
if a small table was available, we just laid
the mixer amp on the table, removed the lid,and began our setup. The lid as part of a 'X'table works fine, but an 'extra' small table in the hall is quicker. I don't recall having any manual/schematics around when I had the intermittent problem-so I don't have
any other info on your unit.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online