SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1987 - 02/27/07 02:03 PM What's New?
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Anything new and exctieing, happening with anyone? Anyone buy, any new gear? Create new music?

Not a whole lot happening with me. Mostly spending time,looking for Edsion phonographs. Have been checking out some of the new keyboards, and synthesizers, from Winter NAMM 2007. I'm not planning on spending any money, on new gear. I barely use the stuff I have. I scan through ebay, seeing what's selling and what's not. Vintage gear is way up again, no surprise. People still clammering for older stuff, even early- mid digital as well. Prices for gear on ebay is outrageous.

Anyway, haven't really, pursued loooking for a synth, that would suit me. Or, I just haven't found something that strikes my fancy. Anyway, eneough about me, what about everyone else?

#1988 - 02/27/07 09:42 PM Re: What's New?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Great to hear from you Paul. Glad to hear you are still enjoying collecting Edison phonographs. That's a truly wonderful hobby. That is recording history that must be preserved.

Life for me is much the same. I still play with my band Red Rhythm http://www.redrhythm.com around Ventura County Sth California and occasionally in Las Vegas. Still working during the day writing video games with the current project being Saints Row on the Sony PS3 http://www.saintsrow.com which is a GTA clone with a gangsta hiphop flavor .... sorta violent but very cool as well lol. Virtual online gang war ... better to be in the virtual world than the real world hey???

#1989 - 02/28/07 01:19 AM Re: What's New?
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Thanks Nigel. Good to hear from you too. Yeah, I have a pretty good collection of diamond discs, and have been statring a collection of Gold Moulded Cylinders, for my 2 minute cylinder, home phonograph. My next aquistion, will be a blue amberola phonogrpah. The blue amberola's are a better quality, and play for, four minutes. Plus they are easier to find, then the Gold Moulded wax ones. A tinfoil phonogrpah, would be, even cooler. Alas, those are few and far between. Manily because, not too many, were made. Any that did surrive, wound up in museums. Such as the Henry Ford Museum in Deerborn Michagan. Plus the foild would disecntagrate after sevral plays.

I prefer the Edsion Phonographs, to the Victorla's, becuse the Edsion's were not as common, as the Victrola's. Plus, they are more unqiue then the Victrola's or Victor Talking machines. Finding 78's is one thing, but finding Diamond Discs, and Cylinders is even cooler. I alway's, get excited when I find DD's and Cylinders, or when I find an Edsion machine. Your, right though, that these machines, and recordings should be prserved. Which is what I, and manny other Edsion collcetors are doing. This is something to be enjoyed.

I'll have to, check out your sites Nigel.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online