SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#198285 - 09/26/01 02:06 PM Yamaha Styles Direct from Floppy
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Yamaha Styles Direct from Floppy. On my friends PSR9000 when reading styles direct from disk the one touch settings are not loaded. They are there in the style because they work if you load the same styles into the flash rom. Has anyone else noticed this failing.

Graham UK

#198286 - 09/26/01 02:17 PM Re: Yamaha Styles Direct from Floppy
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yamaha tells you that in the book, but nothing was said about having the OTS's if you load them into flash rom. I don't see it as a failing, just a limitation - there's only so much memory room.

#198287 - 09/27/01 02:24 AM Re: Yamaha Styles Direct from Floppy
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
UD..Yes but Yamaha told my friend they would look into it to see if it could be included it in the next software update. I think this is unlikely, but my be included in the next model PSR10000??

I like the PSR9000 but we keep coming up against this lack of memory. If the styles are larger than 2 bar loops you can not fill the Flash Rom Styles bank because of lack of memory....memory is cheap today, so what's the excuse?.
I have mentioned before that I am fortunate having local friends with PSR9000, KN6000, PR903, VA7 which I not only play every week but also delve into the other editing aspects. The Technics & Roland do not suffer from a lack of memory.

October 7th for we are of to our twice yearly (7 days) Keyboard Festival on the English East Coast. I will do a report for the Forum on my return.

Graham UK

#198288 - 09/27/01 05:11 AM Re: Yamaha Styles Direct from Floppy
UlrichM Offline

Graham,

only for clarification: The OTS settings are NOT in the style, they are saved in separate files with the extension *.OTS. If you load styles into flash rom you have to expressly tell the stylemanager, also to load the OTS setting.

Unfortunately you are right, that this option is not available for disk direct loading of styles.

Ulrich

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online