SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197521 - 04/21/02 01:06 PM Do you like Santana?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Well, I hope you do, because I just recorded one of their old hits, the famous "Europa". This song is dedicated to all the guitar heroes of this Forum (I know that there are many of them, lurking in the shadows...)

Andrea
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

#197522 - 04/21/02 02:10 PM Re: Do you like Santana?
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Andrea,

I'm currently unable to open your site, but I will try later for sure.

I'm a very big Santana fan. I play several songs on the KB with very good results:
Black Magic Woman, Oye Como Va, Jingo and Evil Ways.

I had a Gibson Less Paul many years ago. The same guitar that Carlos uesed to play. He deffinatly was a big influence in my life.

He used to come to Santa Barbara California every year where he gave a summer concert. 3 years ago when I moved here I was lucky to finally see him Live.
Then he became more famous with his album Smooth. He hasn't been here since

Look forward to listen to your song.

Eric

#197523 - 04/21/02 06:08 PM Re: Do you like Santana?
Eric, B Offline

Hey Andrea Santana,

just listened to Europa. Great song. Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

Keep on rocking

Eric

#197524 - 04/21/02 10:01 PM Re: Do you like Santana?
Dreamer Offline

Eric (Clapton?),
thank you for your words; I too love Santana and his music was one of my greates influences. Since I don't sing I have chosen one of his instrumental tunes; the problem with those Santana songs is that they can last for hours, with all the improvisations, but, since I always try to take into consideration the lenght of the song to make download easier, I recorded just the first part.
Maybe I will make you another surprise in the next few days.
Have a great week!
Andrea

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 04-23-2002).]

#197525 - 04/23/02 11:03 AM Re: Do you like Santana?
Eric, B Offline

Hi Andrea , I would love to hear another surprise.

Eric

#197526 - 04/23/02 01:20 PM Re: Do you like Santana?
Dreamer Offline

Eric,
after the burst of activity of the last few days I am rather drained right now (by the way, I have remixed the last 30 seconds or so of Europa because the guitar solo was rather covered by the strings).
I have different possibilities in mind (I love Santana), but Don Mason just hinted to the possibility of recording "The lion sleeps tonight" and today, while at work, I have been constantly thinking to a possible arrangement for that song, plus I have still two or three Beatles songs to record....
Why have I to sleep at night???
Anyway, Santana is first on my priority list, it's a promise!
By the way, for the next Santana song I will probably use the B4 software to try and emulate the Hammond sound of Greg Rolie and Tom Coster, that was such an important part of Santana's sound.
Warmest regards,
Andrea

#197527 - 04/23/02 05:17 PM Re: Do you like Santana?
Eric, B Offline

Andrea,

make sure to take care of yourself. BTW I'm also a Beatles fan and I love the tunes that you recorded.

The Beatles were my first influence in music. Santana came later.

So many great tunes so little time.....

Greetings Eric

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online