Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197491 - 12/13/03 07:26 AM my son play Christmas song - video file
sylion Offline

#197492 - 12/13/03 08:28 PM Re: my son play Christmas song - video file
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Bravo!
I really enjoyed this. If your Son keeps this up he will be a fantastic pianist when he gets older. His hands looked very professional moving up and down the keyboard. He has improved since you posted his demos earlier this year. Well done!
Best wishes to you and your Son
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#197493 - 12/14/03 11:32 AM Re: my son play Christmas song - video file
Dnj Offline

Totaly Awesome!!!!
You should be very very proud of your son. I enjoyed this video production very much and especialy your son & his talent on the arranger keyboard. I know that in the future you have bestowed the great gift of music upon your child as did my father for which I am eternaly grateful to him 35 years later in life. I wish we had video cameras back then also to capture the memories you will cherish for many years and generations to come. Thanx for sharing soem musical holiday cheer my friend!!

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#197494 - 12/14/03 12:36 PM Re: my son play Christmas song - video file
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Sylion. I really enjoyed watching your son's Christmas song keyboard presentation on the Yamaha PSR2000. Who produced the backup (midi?) music sequence he played along to? Was this produced on the PSR2000 as well? He's really making terrific progress and on the road to becoming a fine musician. It's especially personal for me to watch this, because as a 4th generation american of chinese ancestry, I fondly remember performing at your son's age, and feel fortunate that my parents preserved for memory on home movies (before the age of home video) a few of my early keyboard performances as well. I know both you and your son will really cherish seeing this video 20 years from now when he's become famous. By the way, is Christmas officially celebrated in China now? Also, congratulations to your son on his new Yamaha PSR2000 keyboard. Happy holidays.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#197495 - 12/15/03 10:11 PM Re: my son play Christmas song - video file
sylion Offline

thans all of your reply and appreciation of this performance.
the accompaniment MIDI file is downloaded from internet site(taiwan),it's name is "Christmas wish". i do not know who is it's author. I extract the piano track and translate it into music score,my son played the piano part along the modified MIDI file being palyed on the PSR2000.

having your encouragement,he will make more efforts on studing keyboard playing skill.

to Scottyee:Christmas is know very well in china,especially among young people,but it is not officially celebrated in China now.i hope some day you can visit your ancestral place - china.

#197496 - 12/16/03 09:38 AM Re: my son play Christmas song - video file
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sylion:
i hope some day you can visit your ancestral place - china.

Sylion, Yes, it's definitely high on my priority to visit (and possibly to even perform) in China one day. I'd also like to extend my invitation to you to come visit the US. You (as well as all Synthzone members here) are especially invited to come to San Francisco (California) in February 2004, where we'll be celebrating Chinese New Year (the year of the monkey). This includes a huge parade (one of the largest in the USA) as well as a FESTIVAL, which includes featured 'stage entertainment', of which I'm booked to appear (1:30pm, Sunday, Feb 8th), performing (singing & playing) on my 'Yamaha Tyros' arranger keyboard. It would be terrific to get a chance to meet Synthzone members there: http://www.chineseparade.com/parade/about/about.asp

- Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#197497 - 12/16/03 10:26 AM Re: my son play Christmas song - video file
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
It's a nice video, I should do that too.. The voice sounds warm. Is your son playing all that what we have heard live, every sound except the bells? Or was it only the piano. I wonder else how he played the horns..

I really wonder.. Is an SMF playing along?

Edit:
Sorry! I didn't read the whole thread and my above question is answered now.

[This message has been edited by Sander (edited 12-16-2003).]

#197498 - 12/17/03 05:40 AM Re: my son play Christmas song - video file
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
all Synthzone members here) are especially invited to come to San Francisco (California) in February 2004, where we'll be celebrating Chinese New Year (the year of the monkey).

Thanks for the invitation,,,,,, if only!!!!!......
I have fond memories of San Francisco so I sent you an email which I hope you will read.
cheers
Eddie J

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#197499 - 12/17/03 09:04 AM Re: my son play Christmas song - video file
Scottyee Offline

Hi Eddie: MANY thanks for your heartwarming recollection of your memorable 1988 trip out here (before the big quake). Rest assured that SF never actually fell into the sea and that the beauty of the Bay area is still here waiting for you to come back and enjoy. Btw: Congrats to a Monkey on 50 years of marriage. - Scott

#197500 - 12/18/03 07:17 AM Re: my son play Christmas song - video file
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Scott,

Good to know that S.F. didn't submerge!
Thanks for your wishes re. our Golden!

If I save some more pennies, maybe 2004 and the year of the monkey will be our reason for coming back.
cheers
Eddie J

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online