SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#197470 - 10/15/05 06:25 PM Re: what does schlager stand for?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I would have been lucky to have used 20% of the styles I had in my keyboards. Didn't stop me from collecting extra styles though, became a bit of an addiction.
I swapped over to a software arranger( OMB )now I just fix up and load the styles I want to use.

It's a pity keyboard manufacturers haven't come up with a design that would allow you to load banks of styles that you want , be it jazz, country etc and sounds to suit these styles ( again , there were many sounds that I never used in the keyboards) instead of having this " one size fits all" approch to keyboards.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#197471 - 10/18/05 12:31 AM Re: what does schlager stand for?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
where's Sheriff?
he can surely Know, he is German

#197472 - 10/18/05 09:28 PM Re: what does schlager stand for?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My comments were based around the fact that, compared to Europe, arrangers sell poorly in the States. Workstations are king, over here. I would like to see that change.

I believe that until arrangers hit the shelves in the States loaded with the same kind of beats that are selling the workstations, they will always be relegated to being the 'poor' cousin, only fit for Mom and Pop's living room. This is a waste of a very intelligent keyboard design. I usually find that any of the top arrangers makes a FAR better gig machine than most workstations.

Faster to setup, faster to find good, appropriate sounds on the gig, and capable of going from being part of the band all the way to being the ENTIRE band on-the-fly....... something that no workstation can do (I own Kurzweil and Ensoniq workstations and ALWAYS prefer to take my G70 out if I can't have a at least a week of setup time for all the patches).

But boy! Do I have to be careful no-one hears any songs using the Beer-Hall styles or I'm laughed out of the gig!! I am just fed up with 80% of the internal styles being useless in the USA (unless you are playing old folks homes or Wisconsin! - just kidding!), but hold down one finger on a Triton or Motif or Fantom, and suddenly you are hip, phatt and phunky.

This is nothing against European styles......... whatever works for you is OK, but you would probably be pi**ed if the arranger of your choice came loaded mostly with Enkas and Keroncongs and had no schlagers!

I'm telling you............ first one out of the gate with a Hip-Hop biased arranger is going to CLEAN UP!! (In the USA, at least!!)

#197473 - 10/18/05 09:35 PM Re: what does schlager stand for?
Dnj Offline

Dont kid yourself the Mom & Pop dance music scene is a major force to be reconed with

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online