SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#195820 - 09/18/05 08:06 PM Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

It APPEARS that the Tyros2 MAP price is the SAME as Tyros1 was here in the USA. Musician's Buy is already offering a $3495 package deal for Tyros2 on their website which includes:

* Tyros2 Keyboard
* Tyros TRS-MS01 Speakers (interestingly enough, the SAME model used for Tyros1)
* Yamaha Tyros Stand
* Footpedal
* Yamaha Deluxe Keyboard Case
* Audio Technica ATHM20 Headphones

I had thought I read (or heard) somewhere that Tyros2 utilizes a new & improved satelitte + subwoofer speaker system, and that the speakers made for Tyros1 (TRS-MS01 + Sub) won't work with Tyros2. Is this not the case?

If Tyros2 includes the same TRS-MS01 satellite speaker 1/4" OUTPUTS at 'each end' of the back of the KB, as well as "Left" (din plug) + "Right" (1/4" jack) sub-woofer outputs that Tyros1 has, then I suspect that the Tyros1 model TRS-MS01 speakers will work with Tyros2, though a 'new & improved' TRS-MS01 speaker may also become available for Tyros2, and perhaps work with Tyros1 as well. Can anyone here help to clear up the confusion?

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-18-2005).]

#195821 - 09/18/05 11:27 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Scott

I wonder what kind of footpedal they are referring to?

Do they have a price listed without all the extras?

Sounds to me like it will be around a $3000 street price just for the kb.

ScottL

#195822 - 09/19/05 04:45 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I noticed the data sheet on the MusiciansBuy website is from the Original Tyros. They just changed the # of styles from 240 to 300.

Also, if you subtract out the "EXTRAS" like speakers, stand, case, etc. the cost of the keyboard is $2921.06 which makes it pretty similar to the original Tyros.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#195823 - 09/19/05 05:05 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Roel Offline

This is what happens in Europe ... the T2 prices come close to the T1.

#195824 - 09/19/05 08:03 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
There might be a mistake with the price and the model you are refering to. Yamaha is currently offering the original Tyros, while supply lasts, with free speakers and stand, not the Tyros 2. Musicians Buy might have misunderstood the letter that went out to dealers. This letter had both the new Tyros 2 retail price and map price and it also had the special for remaining Tyros keyboards. Manufactures do not allow internet dealers to suggest a price under the MAP price set up by the manufacturer.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#195825 - 09/19/05 08:17 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Well, I guess that now we can start to see the Tyros 1 resale price drop drasticly as
the folks that want to upgrade start to unload the Tryos 1 they have to buy the Tyros 2...that sounds like a good deal for someone looking to get a Tyros..good luck to
all in both directions.....
Tony Rome

#195826 - 09/19/05 08:21 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
There might be a mistake with the price and the model you are refering to. Yamaha is currently offering the original Tyros, while supply lasts, with free speakers and stand, not the Tyros 2. Musicians Buy might have misunderstood the letter that went out to dealers. This letter had both the new Tyros 2 retail price and map price and it also had the special for remaining Tyros keyboards. Manufactures do not allow internet dealers to suggest a price under the MAP price set up by the manufacturer.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

George, I may be wrong but won't Musicans Buy be responsable for honoring what they advertised...I would think that they would have to stand by the deal they are offering,
it's not worth the lawsuites not to...MHO
Tony Rome

#195827 - 09/19/05 09:56 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
There might be a mistake with the price and the model you are refering to. Yamaha is currently offering the original Tyros, while supply lasts, with free speakers and stand, not the Tyros 2.

George. Not a mistake! The $3495 package actually INCLUDES "Tyros2 !" : . The free included speakers are the TRS-MS01's designed for Tyros1, and will play & sound fine thru Tyros2; only the satellite speaker's "mounting brackets' are incompatible for mounting on the back of Tyros2. Latest estimated Tyros2 US ship date given by Yamaha now is currently late Oct - early Nov. The above was confirmed over the phone with MusiciansBuy.

Quote:
Manufactures do not allow internet dealers to suggest a price under the MAP price set up by the manufacturer.

Musician's Buy is actually ABIDING BY the $3495 Tyros2 MAP price set by Yamaha, as they're throwing in ALL the other items FOR FREE. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-19-2005).]

#195828 - 09/19/05 10:33 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Way to go Scotty.....good conformation post.
thanks for the research, good job....
Tony Rome

#195829 - 09/19/05 10:57 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
George, I may be wrong but won't Musicans Buy be responsable for honoring what they advertised...I would think that they would have to stand by the deal they are offering,
it's not worth the lawsuites not to...MHO
Tony Rome

Tony,
There is always a disclaimer saying "specifications subject to change without notice." That's how Yamaha got by with advertising the PSR2000 as having the OS in flash ram when in fact it never did.
The ads remained for months after the keyboard was available.
DonM

#195830 - 09/19/05 11:14 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Don....Normally I would agree with you however, when I read Geroge's post, I went looking for just such a disclamer and didn't see anything to that effect..I agree with that in the newspapers with the typeagraphical errors and the like but on this Musicans Buy site, it clearly states that it is the Tyros II and it also shows them selling Tyros I at reduced rates showing that they know and agree with what they advertised....again in my opinion...
I getting tired of the saying, Let the buyer
beware...let the sellers stand by what they
advertise at all times....
Tony Rome

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 09-19-2005).]

#195831 - 09/19/05 11:15 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Does the TY2 have s/pdif output?

#195832 - 09/19/05 12:00 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Message for George Kay.....George, in light of what the Musican Buy site has to offer, what if anything will you do for the members
if this forum that you are apart of..you have been a respected and honored member of this fraternity for a few years now, if the folks over at Musican Buy can do this coming out of the gate for anyone who walks in or calls, what kind of deal will you give the members here at the SynthZone on the new Tyros II...maybe I'll upgrade sooner then later...thanks George....
Tony Rome

#195833 - 09/19/05 12:33 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Don....Normally I would agree with you however, when I read Geroge's post, I went looking for just such a disclamer and didn't see anything to that effect..I agree with that in the newspapers with the typeagraphical errors and the like but on this Musicans Buy site, it clearly states that it is the Tyros II and it also shows them selling Tyros I at reduced rates showing that they know and agree with what they advertised....again in my opinion...
I getting tired of the saying, Let the buyer
beware...let the sellers stand by what they
advertise at all times....
Tony Rome

Thank you for shopping at MusiciansBuy!

"All content ©2003 - 2005 MusiciansBuy Inc. All Rights Reserved. All prices, descriptions, and specifications are provided with the intent of accuracy- however, Musiciansbuy will not be held liable for errors, omissions or misrepresentations."

DonM

#195834 - 09/19/05 01:39 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Scottyee Offline

DonM, I believe it's "standard legal practice" to post this. I've purchased from MusiciansBuy in the past, and have known them to be an honest internet dealer.

Yamaha Corp's turn-around on the PSR2000 FLASH-OS feature is an entirely different matter than the legitimacy of Musician's Buy offer. The official (published by Yamaha) MAP price for Tyros2 is $3495 (of which George Kaye concurs). The ONLY difference is that Musician's Buy is throwing in all those Tyros accesories for FREE. In addition, Musician's Buy offers a 30 day 'risk-free' money-back guarantee (less shipping of course).

Scott

#195835 - 09/19/05 02:05 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Thank you for shopping at MusiciansBuy!

"All content ©2003 - 2005 MusiciansBuy Inc. All Rights Reserved. All prices, descriptions, and specifications are provided with the intent of accuracy- however, Musiciansbuy will not be held liable for errors, omissions or misrepresentations."

Don....I STAND CORRECTED, I did not see this
thank you and YOU ARE CORRECT...but I still
believe that they should be held responsable
for everyhing they advertise...thanks again.
Tony Rome

DonM

#195836 - 09/19/05 02:10 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
chony Offline

Tony,

I don't think its fair to make that request of George. Somthing tells me that Musician's Buy have a much bigger cliental than George Kay and can therefore afford to do what they're doing.

(Instead of saying George should be loyal to Synthzone members and offer better prices; maybe say that Synthzone should be loyal to George and buy at his price!)

That said, I do think that anyone who can afford to, should say their best price on this forum as you could really look at the business it will generate as a 'bulk purchase.'

Chony

#195837 - 09/19/05 02:26 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
chony Offline

Hate to spoil the party...

But on the Musician Buy spec sheet, it says that the Ty1 speakers will NOT mount on the Ty2. In other words, the speakers they are offering with the keyboard, are three expensive paper weights.

Chony

#195838 - 09/19/05 03:01 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Tony,

I don't think its fair to make that request of George. Somthing tells me that Musician's Buy have a much bigger cliental than George Kay and can therefore afford to do what they're doing.

(Instead of saying George should be loyal to Synthzone members and offer better prices; maybe say that Synthzone should be loyal to George and buy at his price!)

That said, I do think that anyone who can afford to, should say their best price on this forum as you could really look at the business it will generate as a 'bulk purchase.'

Chony

Chony...I apologize if I made you or anyone else on the forum uncomfortable..it was my intention to see if George could perhaps do something special for us members of the forum, I didn't ask him to go out of business, just to give us some special consideration....that's what I'd do for anyone coming down here...we are family no???? Everyone wants to save money..as much as they can...it's the American way...
Tony Rome

#195839 - 09/19/05 03:11 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
maybe say that Synthzone should be loyal to George and buy at his price

Chony. Using your analogy here suggests that the Synthzone community should be most LOYAL to me (as I'm the sz contributing member with the most:6,600+ posts), right? , and purchase whatever I sell (ie: Tyros1), at whatever 'price' I ask.

Synthzone members need to make their own personal decisions on where to purchase from. In addition to earned dealer loyalties, I weigh price, service, and return policy as well. The question we need to ask ALL dealer synthzone members here: are they synthzone members, or dealers first?

Chony: As far as 'spoiling the party' and the TRS-MS01 speakers being incompatible with Tyros2. You obviously didn't read my earlier reply on this thread in which MusiciansBuy had explained to me:

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

The free included speakers are the TRS-MS01's designed for Tyros1, and will play & sound fine thru Tyros2; its only the satellite speaker's "mounting brackets' which are incompatible for mounting on the back of Tyros2.

That said, the TRS-MS01 speakers satellites unit can sit directly on top of the keyboard itself, or placed nearby. They're not useless paperweights (as you had claimed) afterall.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-19-2005).]

#195840 - 09/19/05 04:40 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
That said, the TRS-MS01 speakers satellites unit can sit directly on top of the keyboard itself, or placed nearby.
Scott

The other option of course, is to get UD to design a mechanism that will let it directly clip on!

#195841 - 09/19/05 07:27 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Musicans Buy are good to deal with. I bought my Tyros from them and several other items.

Danny

#195842 - 09/19/05 11:32 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
I am going to side with Chony on this one - I don't think it is fair for us to ask George (or any other dealer) to post whatever discounts he can offer on this board.

It is not a matter of loyalty - I am sure that we all agree that George has proven his loyalty to this forum by sharing much of his valued knowledge (and often insider info). His contributions add more usefulness to this board than those from many others, including my own gripes. I don't think we can question his loyalty if he can not meet/beat the price of a large low-overhead mail-order house (and if he can, so much the better). If he feels like sharing his price on this forum, I am sure he will do so.

However, asking him to post discount info is putting him on the spot, which is not fair, especially since the people asking have not yet expressed a hard commitment to buy the T2. There are other dealers on this forum, and George should not be singled out.

I am not saying that anyone ready to buy should not try to pay the best price they can, whether this means buying from Musician's Buy or the like, or negotiating with a member dealer. The prices paid are a matter of individual transactions, and I am sure will be influenced by factors like the current prices at the other stores, as well as the amount of time a dealer has to spend to complete a transaction. While it may be up to us, the purchasers, to share price information with each other, as we often do, a dealer should not be put on the spot in this fashion.

Having said that, the idea of organizing a group purchase sounds great. As I recall, when Tyros(?) came out, Bob Gelman's Yahoo group had a group purchase going at a significantly reduced price.

I have a strong feeling that manufacturers seting the minimum advertised prices (MAP) is anti-competitive, and is likely a violation of anti-trust laws in the US. If we could have enough pull to bring this to the attention of the FTC, Yamaha, Roland, and others, may be forces to drop this practice.

Regards

#195843 - 09/20/05 04:59 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I think that people should remember that whatever they buy and wherever it is from they should considere all factors and not just price.

I'm sure that if I bought from George and had a problem he would bend over backwards to help me if I had a problem after the sale. This is not my experience with many of the "large" outlets that I have bought stuff from.

Regards - Keith

#195844 - 09/20/05 06:01 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hi everyone,

I am a Yamaha dealer in Baltimore. The Musician Buy price is higher than I would sell the Tyro's 2 for ...

If you have interest in a real deal...

email keyboardcity@yahoo.com

Dan O'

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Roland arranger keyboards.
http://www.keyboardcity.net

1-866-348-8876

#195845 - 09/20/05 01:41 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Here are the 'additions' to the new Tyros2:

An optionally installed hard disk drive.

• Super Articulation Technology - 40 playable MegaVoices
• Audio Rendering: optional hard drive recording at CD quality
• Newly-designed high quality keyboard action
• Up to 1 GB Custom Voice sample/playback (Wave, AIFF)
• Internet Direct Connect: connect directly to Internet content
• RGB/Video out: connect to a computer monitor or display device
• USB "To Device": storage devices & USB "To Host": 32 MIDI channels
• Text file viewer for lyrics, song or Registration information

The Tyros has a Video Output (RCA), but can't connect to a computer monitor like the Tyros2 can, although I hook my Tyros video output to my Sony XBR 35" TV and the quality is quite good. It's nice the Tyros2 can connect to a computer monitor though.

I think the 40 playable Mega Voices is the main selling point on the Tyros2 since the Polyphony is the same as the Tyros at 128 as is the WAV ROM at 96 MB. At least from the specs on the Music123 web site anyway. The supposedly better action keybed of the Tyros2 is another draw but the original Tyros' keybed is not at all bad and is basically the same as is on the Motif ES6/7, having owned both i.e. (Tyros and Motif ES7).

Audio Rendering is nice but my Tyros combined with Sony Sound Forge 7.0 provides a much greater capability for recording and editing as will most every other audio recording software. But a nice feature nonetheless since it is recorded directly to the Keyboard's hard drive albeit only 2 tracks total.

Up to a Gig of Wave/AIFF Custom Voice/Sample playback is a big draw also for those wanting a Sampler with the same editing capabilities as the Sampler on the Motif ES series keyboards. At least that's what I got from the info on the web site.

USB to Device as is on the PSR 3000 and Motif ES, etc. Being able to hook up a Thumb drive, etc. is very convenient although it would have been nice to include a Compact Flash/SD Digital media slot also. Although I'm glad they didn't put a Smart Media slot on the Tyros2 seeing it is an obsolescent spec. Btw, the Tyros has 32 MIDI Channels also.

Internet Direct Connect is a good idea but I still don't think Yamaha has an operational Direct Connect Internet site available yet, correct? It's still a novelty idea until it's up and fully operational. And when will that be?? Humm...

I still find it hard to believe Yamaha didn't increase the WAV ROM capacity. And also, how much USER MEMORY are we talking here? More than the Tyros' 3.3 MB's I hope?

Although looking at the Specs it looks like most of the Specs are referring to the current Tyros. So maybe the Polyphony and WAV ROM have been increased on the Tyros2. And again hopefully the USER MEMORY has also.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-20-2005).]

#195846 - 09/20/05 02:05 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Keyplayer;

I think Musician Buy in order to get a jump on the competiton & due to lack of full information as of yet on the tyros 2 model is using cut & paste technique from the info currently available on T1 and applying it to their T2 page.

The Wave Rom for the T2 is 300 Mb.

Regards;
BlkNOtes

#195847 - 09/20/05 02:46 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

Dear Keyplayer;

The Wave Rom for the T2 is 300 Mb.

Regards;
BlkNOtes

Thank you BlkNOtes. I didn't think Yamaha would leave the WAV ROM as is on the current Tyros. I had heard that the WAV ROM was indeed larger but Music123 just confused that assumption.

Now the big question still remains. Has Yammie increased the Polyphony on the Tyros2?

If it only has 128 note Polyphony as is on the current Tyros it will in my opinion be one more reason why many current Tyros1 owners may hesitate to upgrade to the Tyros2. One of the other reasons being the extra moola a person will have to fork over for the Tyros2. A lot of Tyros1 owners don't need the Stand, Speakers, Foot Pedal, etc. that they're offering. Yet they still have to 'pay' for it.

If Yamaha gives the Tyros2 double the Polyphony i.e. 256 note polyphony, it will be a HUGE incentive for Tyros1 owners to upgrade to the Tyros2. I can't state that enough btw. In fact, if the Tyros2 has 256 note Polyphony it will most likely out sell the Tyros' overall total sales by 30 to 50% in my opinion. Those are huge numbers and would be a substantial increase in revenue for Yamaha Music Division.

On top of that if they make a 76 key version Tyros2 Yamaha will gain another substantial revenue windfall in my opinion. There are a 'multitude' of Arranger Keyboard players that would purchase the Tyros2 if it had 76 keys and its weight is reasonably light. If they gave it the same keybed that's in the CVP 309 it would be another huge draw because the CVP 309 keybed, even though it's fully weighted, is light enough action that in my opinion would not pose an obstacle if a person played other instrument voices on the keyboard beside the Piano voices. In other words, you could still play a Trumpet solo etc., without your hands being fatigued by a too heavy action found on other weighted keybeds. Yet a person would still have a premium keybed for playing the Piano voices with.

Oh.. to dream!!

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-20-2005).]

#195848 - 09/20/05 06:40 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I just ordered my new Tyros 2 tonight from Dan O'neil at KeyBoard City in Baltimore, Md.
He anticipates delivering it to me late october or early november.
Thanks to all who posted about the Tyros 2 and helped me to make up my mind about buying it and thanks to Dan for the outstanding treatment I received from him as I purchased from him again
BEBOP

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 09-21-2005).]

#195849 - 09/20/05 06:48 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
VegaVagga Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
I just ordered my new Tyros 2 tonight from Dan O'neil at Music City in Baltimore, Md.
He anticipates delivering it to me late october or early november.
Thanks to all who posted about the Tyros 2 and helped me to make up my mind about buying it and thanks to Dan for the outstanding treatment I received from him as I purchased from him again.
BEBOP

How much did you pay?

#195850 - 09/20/05 07:00 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Please tell us what was inculded in the deal....
Tony Rome

#195851 - 09/20/05 07:05 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Tony....I'm sorry about that rack ...it never appeared...

Hey Bebop ..... Keyboard City !

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Roland arranger keyboards.
http://www.keyboardcity.net

1-866-348-8876

#195852 - 09/21/05 01:52 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Please tell us what was inculded in the deal....
Tony Rome

Tyros2, Freight and Insurance to my house
Bebop

#195853 - 09/21/05 02:16 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Well Bill, I am happy for you and I hope that you use it well, just ware it out with good music.....let us know when it comes in.
Tony Rome

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online