SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194731 - 12/30/06 05:19 PM who has pa800 available asap?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
was told Korg will only be shipping small numbers, then
when first wave pa800's are gone to those who pre-ordered, long wait for next run. want to order one now but not sure who will get me one soon..anyone know?

------------------
Miami Mo

#194732 - 12/30/06 06:12 PM Re: who has pa800 available asap?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
was told Korg will only be shipping small numbers, then
when first wave pa800's are gone to those who pre-ordered, long wait for next run. want to order one now but not sure who will get me one soon..anyone know?

Have you contacted
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566 www.kayesmusicscene.com

#194733 - 12/31/06 08:27 AM Re: who has pa800 available asap?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Miami Mo,
I had 10 PA800's come and go about 3 weeks ago. Now I've been told that the next shipment to arrive will be a very small one. I've got all from this shipment sold already. I am hoping Korg will be able to supply more by the end of January. I've been told that there are way more on order from dealers then Korg can supply. But these are only rumors and no one knows for sure how many are coming from Italy. Keep checking!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#194734 - 12/31/06 08:43 AM Re: who has pa800 available asap?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Sorry now that I have drug my feet on this, but I didn't want to change in the middle of the holiday season. I guess there is no hurry now.
DonM

#194735 - 12/31/06 03:34 PM Re: who has pa800 available asap?
keysvocalssax Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Sorry now that I have drug my feet on this, but I didn't want to change in the middle of the holiday season. I guess there is no hurry now.
DonM

me too..i was hoping there would be on-floor demos
of pa800 and Roland E60 in mid-December and i could decide and choose one to take home...then when they were delayed, figured Ok ,wait until right after Namm, see
if there are any surprise new entries..but now looks like
hurry up and wait. oh well, korg is35 has served me well
for 6 yrs, have to hang with it a few more months. problem is no way to demo if these models are selling
so hot sight unseen. they won't waste one on the floor.
at those prices gotta order 2 or 3, demo at home, and
return all but the fave..

George, you have been a great guy to read on SZ, and I'd like to at least have a new p.a..want to try the Roland SA-300. Got $999 price free ship from online dealer. Can u match?

------------------
Miami Mo

#194736 - 12/31/06 05:07 PM Re: who has pa800 available asap?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Mo,
I actually had to do a google search to find out what an SA-300 is! I've never heard of it or even seen one. My Roland rep hasn't even mentioned it. From the picture, it seems like a portable sound system. The retail price seems to be $1595.00 and most of the stores I see sell them for $1195.00. So I would think $999.00 including shipping would be very hard to beat. I've got no opinions on this piece. Has anyone here ever tried or heard one?
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#194737 - 12/31/06 09:03 PM Re: who has pa800 available asap?
keysvocalssax Offline

George, really odd about this unit, not an off-brand, this is Roland for cryin' out loud, this is a stereo unit, only 50 lbs yet splits in 2 so no heavy lift.. the specs are great, anti-feedback technology, wide angle stereo adjustment, bass boost, and it's just amazing to me that I cannot find one review or one user comment anywhere, or one seller that has it in stock. the only reason i can muster is that it's overpriced...still..it's weird--why would Roland not promote it at all? could it be a dog? or a much better alternative at half the price to the Bose L1? I got quoted $999 free shipped by Woodwind & Brasswind, and it's not like they had it in stock and want to dump it, they were going to order it.

------------------
Miami Mo

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online