SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194263 - 07/24/00 06:26 AM My opinion of the Korg PA80 and why it's not the new i30 !!
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn

#194264 - 07/24/00 11:06 AM Re: My opinion of the Korg PA80 and why it's not the new i30 !!
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Very interesting how much one can tell looking at a small picture and reading a press release...

In a way, I share your concern: having to double-press one set of buttons (especially in a single line) is a huge step back for people using the instrument live. However, my eyesight is poor enough that I can not understand the function of all the buttons, so at this point I am inclined to give Korg the benefit of the doubt, until I can get my hands on it myself.

As far as your other points go, I am not sure I buy your argument - just because a keyboard includes speakers, does not automatically relegate it to a home-use class. In fact, the things which appeal to me in the press-release are the completeness and expandability. I don't want to lock myself into a set of sounds which I can not expand; at the same time, I don't want to carry with me a carful of stuff to a gig, all of which I need to unpack, plug in, connect, set up, and keep from being knocked off whichever surfaces they are resting on while I play. I like not having to shlep to small gigs my 70 lb amp, which is heavy, bulky, takes a lot of room, and makes me stand another three feet away from the wall and in front of it, especially, if I can only turn it up to the 3rd notch.

That is why I don't want to jump to conclusions until I have seen this instrument myself.

Regards,
Alex

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online