SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#193580 - 08/11/05 10:17 AM Re: Would someone listen to this recording? (Paging)
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
You've all been very helpful, I'm done (as much as I can be for now) and thought I'd post the song in case anyone wants to hear -- Paging Mr. Page, Take 107 . (Lyric changed some.)

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 08-16-2005).]

#193581 - 08/11/05 02:51 PM Re: Would someone listen to this recording? (Paging)
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
hey bill....much better, good job..just wondering, what conpression did you use on the final mix? as the only thing is a bit of "pumping", well it seemd like it...like the compression was a bit too strong, mebbe it was just my system here??? overall though, a very enjoyable song, and one that grwos on you, the more you listen, im off to check out your latest posting now.
cheers
dennis

#193582 - 08/11/05 03:14 PM Re: Would someone listen to this recording? (Paging)
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Dennis, thank you for listening again. I don' think I compressed it any. This version was done in Audacity and it's much slower to tweak than Krystal software. Krystal is like instantaneous, Audacity takes couple of minutes to render the effect.

First, I had a better signal from the getgo. Slowly figuring that out. Second, I rolled back on lows and highs and kept mids same. And panned the keyboard tracks a bit left and right, with guitar in center. Nothing done to the guitar. I could have fattened it but I was out of time.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#193583 - 08/11/05 03:26 PM Re: Would someone listen to this recording? (Paging)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Bill, congratulations! I believe your lyrics have improved tremondously, finally grabbing me (as a listener) with intense interest now. I feel you've captured the magical essence of the powerful force he's been at the Shreveport Municipal, MC'ing so many pioneering stars of Country Music. "Mr Page" is a winner\ to my ears.

My only (slight) disappointment is that your lyric didn't include a single mention of Gentleman Jim Reeves (both Country singer extrodanaire & Radio announcer as well), who Frank Page was the one who had hired as a staff announcer at KWKH.

Idea: Contact local Shreveport radio DJ's. Perhaps they might become interested in play your song over the airwaves. Maybe Frank Page is listening. Let us know. - Scott

Scott

#193584 - 08/11/05 03:35 PM Re: Would someone listen to this recording? (Paging)
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Scott, funny you mention Jim Reeves. I actually thought about that. If I put everyone in there, it would be lots of names! But his, specifically, I did consider him. Might still.

I will have to ask Mr. Page again but I think he told me that Jim Reeves got his break when a star didn't show up or got sick or something happened and they said "Uh, Jim, wanna sing some songs?" And that was his break. I'll find out and let you know. If I have it right, it's a cool story.

I'm glad you like it, Scott!

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#193585 - 08/11/05 11:38 PM Re: Would someone listen to this recording? (Paging)
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Good.

#193586 - 08/14/05 04:32 PM Re: Would someone listen to this recording? (Paging)
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I like the "feel" of the first one better.

#193587 - 08/16/05 09:06 AM Re: Would someone listen to this recording? (Paging)
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have my computer sound running into a Behringer 1204FX mixer, then into Logitech Z2200 system. When Bill was here yesterday, I discovered that if I turned down the input from the computer to the mixer, the vocals no longer sounded distorted.
I wasn't having this problem on any of my other music, so I must surmise that Bill's recordings are hotter than all mine, but not necessarily over the line, as I suspected earlier.
Anyway the songs sound quite good now.
DonM

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online